Weaver K4

mevertsen

Very Active Member
My daughter passed her hunter safety today.

She has a Mossberg 243. It has a cheap no name scope on it. The gun is accurate.

I want to upgrade the scope for her after passing the class.

Have been looking at the Leopold VX1 line which I have on my 223 and like.

Also like the Weaver K4 but have never used one. I like the idea of simplicity. My scopes never move magnification, so this appealed to me for my daughter's first hunt. Put the cross hairs where you want the bullet and pull the trigger. Shots would be limited to 250 yards for deer and antelope.

Had anyone had any experience with this scope?

Thanks.

I used the way old K4 version for 15 years, then hunted in a downpour and fogged it and moved "up" to a variable. It was great, simple, easy for 99% of everything. Even used it out to 550 one time, no wind, etc..

Very wise to have her start simple.

I have a weaver k4. In the past they were very solid, tough scopes. Hard to beat for the money. I need to send mine in for the second time for repairs. The first time it came back the hash mark piece on the turret was missing. Now the adjustments don't work at all.

Weaver warranty sucks compared to most other optics companies. There is a small fee ($15 I think) to send it in. For this reason alone I won't buy another Weaver. Not when there are so many companies out there with better warranties.

Weaver is owned by Vista now. All Vista companies seem to go downhill after they are acquired IMO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom