week 3 .....old buildings

C

CUTTHROAT

bucksnort:

May I be so bold as to continue your weekly category?

I pick rustic old buildings, barns, cabins, etc....

Lets see some pics....

Sounds good to me,I'll see if I have any.

beavis.gif

Here's mine. This old cabin was built by someone in the National Forest without permission, or so I a told.

PictureResize.jpg

These are bear scratches in the siding, the cabin is covered is them.

Oldcabinresize.jpg

Muledeernut

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-06 AT 08:56PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/43dae8210b5702ed.jpg

43dae84e0bbf6780.jpg

43daea98107d8823.jpg

43dae8ad0c2aa4b8.jpg

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Tony,

Those are some awesome pictures. I like the through the window shot. That's a beutifull paint as well is he yours?

Here's an old cliffdwelling we found on the edge of the grand canyon while shed hunting.

P4082004.jpg

P4081996.jpg

beavis.gif

CUTTHROAT,

That second picture is really cool, I like the effect it gives with the light comming through between the old weathered boards.

beavis.gif

I dont think sooooo! that's cool.

Unfortunatly, the paint is not mine. That shot was one I did for a kid, it was one of his senior pictures from last year.

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Good pictures everyone. Thanks!

BuckSnort, about that picture of the cliffdwelling? Is that the mother-in-law unit on the left?:) It almost looks like a "shed" on the roof too.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-06 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/43dcecc004f018a5.jpg
Not as much grass here as the last place

BuckSnort,

Hey are those sheds on top of the cliff dwelling?

Great photos everybody.

'It's all about the gut pile'

Thanks for posting all of these pics, I look forward to seeing the new ones almost daily.

Chris Denham

Nice Pictures all,Shagnasty ,is there a trail up to that mine,I think I glassed that building from the valleyone time when I was out there a few years ago

See, I can to find sheds! :D Dude that gives me the willies seeing your bro that close to the edge...My hands are sweating!

'It's all about the gut pile'

Yes, it switchbacks all the way up. We took Samurai's, but its only ablut the size of a four wheeler. Couple of buildings/mines up there, some are still claimed. I'll dig up some more pics and post them in a few days.

Some I dug up from this spring....the cabin is the snow covered cabin I first posted in this thread...

RuttNStrutt
43eaec462df1aa86.jpg

43eaec662e033c56.jpg

Shagnasty , The building out by Faust was put there by Cosy when they would'nt let her sale beer in Vernon.Only open during deer season . The second sets of prints by the lake is th old Young ranch. He haed a newer house there but him and his house burned one winter when he was drained the oil out of his truck and was heating it up on the kitchen stove.

One of my first pictures with my S2 IS. I should have had a tripod, but i tookit out of the car window, just as the doe was coming down to the apple orchard.

Jan06003_edited.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I enjoy hearing some history on places I've passed a hundred times, but don't know anything about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom