Weekend Buck

diehardhunter

Glad to see a bunch of antelope on the ground especially the kids. Here is my buck from saturday morning. Had a great hunt with my cousin and got to kill a nice buck.

3738p1110806.jpg

9125p1110810.jpg

3952p1110815.jpg

1322p1110819.jpg

Nice job!

I ended up getting a 13" buck on Saturday, but passed on something a little bigger at first light since I was "holding out". We also got freaked out by seeing a cow elk that morning. 30 miles from the nearest "elk habitat" but it was cool to see.

I got a call from Kirk Kennedy yesterday morning asking if I saw a dead cow. I asked of it was the elk kind or moo cow kind and found out some A-hole shot one of his brother's moo cows! If anyone hears about someone killing a cow on the southeast portion of Kennedy #2 just southeast of Des Moines, please let G&F know about it!

Lot's of shady characters hunting on our ranch this year. We met a few folks from Espanola and there wasn't something "right" about them. Saturday afternoon, two G&F trucks showed up to question them, but we kept to our own business and don't know the outcome. Also heard another guy ass-shot a buck from over 500 yards away. The little buck I got took a 1.5 mile stalk, with the last 1/2 mile on my belly to get a 165 yard shot.

Here's the dink I got, but I'm happy to just hang my tag one.

2711007.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom