Weiser Fire Complex and Brownlee A tags.

FemoralArchery

Some friends of mine have this tag and were wondering what they were going to do for the rest of the archery season.

We called the Nampa office this afternoon to ask about this. We were told that if we had the tags in by 5 pm this afternoon that we could swap them. We said that doesn't leave much time for people that live out in the country and have day jobs. The gal said she didn't agree with it either and gave us a number to someone in the licensing department.

We got ahold of that person who told us the same thing; they didn't agree, but couldn't do anything about it.

We were given this number (208) 287 2766 for one of the directors. Can't remember the name (can't hear it very well on the answering machine) and was directed to let them know how we felt about the situation.

As far as I know there was no press release or any kind of information released about this tag or the opportunity to swap it out. There is a information tab on the F&G home page for the Smokey Mountain Zone.

I don't have a tag for this zone, but I called and left a message anyway. I just don't think it was handled very well. It would be appreciated by those that would like to switch their tags if you called and left a message as well.

We also called the forest service today and they said they didn't get any rain on that side of the mountain. Doesn't look good on the Raft fire end of things.

I took in my brownlee tag to the fish and game office in boise off park ave today at lunch. No questions asked they took my tag and gave me a gift card for the price of an elk tag and un-issued the brownlee tag. Gal also mentioned "by friday" to turn it in. Hopefully no issues for your friends or others that act quickly to exchange.

Side note: gal was super helpful and friendly. I couldn't help but notice 3 sportsman customers in front of me b!tching and complaining about fire this, regs that, blah blah. Feel bad the fish and game has to hear so much whinning and complaining. Maybe it was bad timing but hope the rest of us are not like that and approach situations tactfully with F&G.

I know what you mean about everyone b1tching all the time. The person at the desk or on the phone usually isn't the one calling the shots, they just work there.

I don't mean to complain about this, but I think it was handled poorly(may be nothing but a miscommunication) and I'd really rather go right to the source(the final number we were given) and not yell at the regular employees.

The first two people we talked to were very helpful. We are waiting to hear from the people at the last number we called. In fact, every F&G employee I've talked to in the last 8 or 9 years has been super polite and helpful.

I'm urging anyone and everyone with this tag to turn it in immediately! Especially those who only hunt on the weekends via ATV/UTV/pick-up. All your roads are closed and all animals have since vanished into unit 22. Not an animal left in the charred 30,000 acres. There's also talk of this fire burning until January due to the heavy fuels in the area and lack of moisture this spring/summer. The biologist are saying the only species that will survive this massive fire are the already endangered European ground squirrel, the pale faced wasp and of course ALL OF THE WOLVES. Washington county west of 95 and south of 71 is pretty much going to be a barren wasteland. Also anyone with 1A and 2C license plates will be getting their names placed on the 2014 left-over tag list as a top priority. Good luck!

I just got back from hunting bears up there. I sat and watched as massive herds of deer, elk and bears crossed the highway headed for unit 22! ;-) Just kidding.

This fire did mess up my hunt a bit. They closed all the Forest roads at the boundary on the north end, which I thought was a bit of overkill as the fire was quite a few miles south of the highway. Oh well, fearing a lawsuit they do what they feel is best. They seem to have gotten the upper hand on the fire, but the official I spoke with thought the roads would remain closed through the weekend for mop-up of the fire.

Good luck to those with archery tags and your looming tag swap.

Good or bad, time will tell. hope for the best since I have the late 31 Buck tag.

DZ

It's gonna be crowded on the few open area's left in S Central and SW Idaho before this is all done unless the hope of rain in these storms really pan's out.

>It's gonna be crowded on the
>few open area's left in
>S Central and SW Idaho

There will still be plenty of places to hunt.
3669inci.jpg

But any rain would be much apperciated! The storm tonight and tomorrow could do big things, but hold the lightning.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-13 AT 06:14PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/2947image.jpg

Since I planed to hunt from the reservoir, it doesn't look good for me.

Dz

I don't think they are trading out a late deer tag. Good or bad you never know. It might green up down low and bring a bunch in to look at. Even if they was offering, I think I'm going to stay the course.

DZ

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-13
>AT 06:14?PM (MST)

>
>
2947image.jpg

>
>Since I planed to hunt from
>the reservoir, it doesn't look
>good for me.
>
>Dz

Shoot looking at the map view that is alot of river front property up in smoke.

My plan was to take a boat and travel along and scope up the hill. Might be changing plans. Hope it continues to rain and greens up. Maybe it will be really good.

DZ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom