Well, I screwed it up real good!

nmmuley

Hunted hard the entire 15 days of the archery season and passed on several decent bucks (130-150 class). Yesterday morning the stars aligned and a big heavy horned 28" 4x4 that would easily score in the 180's came walking past my ambush spot 10 mins before sunrise. He was coming thru tall grass and cedars so I couldn't get an accurate range on him with my rangefinder. I guessed him at 38yds and buried my 40 yd pin right behind the front shoulder. My arrowed sailed about 1-2 inches over his back, he was standing at 33 yds. You work so hard for opportunities like this and to miss a layup like that is going to sting for a long time!

Sorry to hear that. Sure makes you want to bang your head against a tree when we mess up like that!!! LOL!

I have missed a few layups myself. That is why I wrestled. Oh the misses hurt. It is what keeps you going though.

Just remember if it was easy, there would be a bunch of little girls out there in skirts doing it!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom