wenaha bow tag

Thanks for the advice. Don't know the unit at all, but I'll darn sure be pouring over some maps and talking to as many people as I can. Be down that way in a couple weeks checking it out!!

I am no expert but I have been part of two hunts out there. I live in La Grande and if I'm around when you come by I could show you some spots on your map to check out.

DZ

I went there blind last year as well. We saw over 50 bulls in the week I had available to hunt (didn't expect to draw the tag I got and was low on vacation leave) and would be more than willing to exchange some information with you.

I was down there deer hunting which was in Sept. You would have to be pretty crappy of a hunter if you didnt get a good bull. One day, i heard bugling when driving down the road. Stopped and 5 big guys were screaming within 200 yds.

When I first saw this I got excited thinking they posted this years results early. Then I realize this was last years post.
Bill

>Anyone know what the closest town
>with services is to this
>unit? Looks like there
>are a few around there.
>

Elgin where you coming from? I drew in 2016

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-18 AT 10:25AM (MST)[p]This hunt is just out of reach of me. I might actually be able to draw the Mt. Emily but decided against trying this year due to logistics. If I draw it next year I can hunt the full month long archery season.

I drew Mt. Emily and killed a decent 6x6 a learned the unit fairly good. You can always reach out to me if you draw it. Be happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom