west central desert bull

N

NMHunter1

My wife and I went out for the first time in my unit Monday evening. Got this bull to fire up around 650pm. With my wife and I tag team calling we got him to leave his cows. Once we knew he was on the way my wife dropped back 70 yds behind me and a little to the east so he would split us taking the wind in his favor. He headed right for me running at half speed. Seemed to get faster at every note my wife made. I let him pass me at 28 yds to give me a quarter away shot, but when i called to stop him he squared up for perfect broadside shot. My RAGE BROADHEAD entered behind the shoulder and exited the other side for a perfect double lung pass through shot. He went 40 yds and piled up right in front of us.. The moment my wife and I had together I cannot explain.. But it was awesome!!!!!! The bull a 7x6 scored 360 gross P&Y points. In the open country of the west central desert I would not of got this bull to come so close I owe it all to my Awesome cow calling wife!!
6595360_nigga_053.jpg

6143360_nigga_052.jpg

3893360_nigga_048.jpg

Love the story. That is text book. Never happens that way for me.

Good job to wife!!! Strong work!

great story, great bull! you may never top what you just did right there. congrats to both of you.

Awesome story and congratulations. Best part is that you got to experience it with your better half.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-10 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]CONGRATS and looks like a OBIT smile on your elk too...look at red arrow..
1482smileobit.jpg

awesome bull for sure!!

vinihunt

Holy Smokes! Great bull and great field pics! I think the rest of us may be a bit jealoussssss. Great calling and way to have your better half help seal the deal. Tremendous bull!!

Thanks guys for all of your compliments, and no she does not have a sister lol.. We were truly blessed that evening and will not forget that.

Congrats travis, that is a NICE BULL!!! Good job calling Jen!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!!!

Love to heard stories like that.
Congrats to you and your wife.

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom