West Desert / Deep Creek Non Res

NorthSide

Just found out at two a.m. I drew the Sept 13-21 rifle elk tag! It's one of the few times I was happy to be up that late tug boating over here on the Columbia River! Burned my nine points happily. Any one with experience and or knowledge in this area feel free to email me at [email protected], pm, or post back. Looking forward to some new country, adventures, glassing, and maybe a little success too! I plan one scouting trip over in August to learn the roads, water, area, etc before the hunt. Any info would be appreciated in regards to camping, water, hunting, etc.

Thanks NS

Had the chance to buy this tag at a very good price at a conservation banquet the other night, but balked since I didn't know a lot about the unit. I have heard most of it is wilderness, and that the roads are horrible over there. I've heard that 2 spare tires is a minimum.
So I am interested to hear what people have to say about this unit. I maybe will be kicking myself in the butt!!!!!

I heard it's pretty rough over there also and that's what I'm looking for..

JB - did you email me? If not try that or pm me or call me.

Thanks NS

The roads are fair for dirt roads, You can have a pave road access through Nevada side from the north, to the Goshute Indian Border, Not a lot of roads to learn since they only get you to the base then wilderness study takes the rest. Water is there and are plentiful in the same holes as always. Know your Indian boundaries. and Nevada Line. You will Have a fun hunt.

Thanks for all the info. I really want to pack in somewhere in the "wsa". Any thoughts / suggestions on that idea?

Pack in your water. most all water and springs are low, thats not in the reservation. It will get you away from the crowds down low but majority of your elk will be dropping off to the valley

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom