West desert deep creek

Ashton357

I was able to draw a west desert deep creek archery elk tag. made my first scouting trip out there and was not able to locate any elk anyone have any pointers?

When I hunted it in 2007, most of the hunters lined up at the edge of the alfalfa on opening morning. I mostly hunted up in a basin on top. It was good up there but I shot this one lower right at the edge of the cedars.

Utah 2007.jpg

When I hunted it in 2007, most of the hunters lined up at the edge of the alfalfa on opening morning. I mostly hunted up in a basin on top. It was good up there but I shot this one lower right at the edge of the cedars.

View attachment 147438
Awesome bull I was able to find quite a few bulls today nothing down low all up high sounds like a lot of them come down to rut

I saw on opening day an old timer killed a bull with all brow tines between 22"-24". It didn't have much on top, the 5th and 6th points were about 4", but they measured it at 390".

I also saw where they were chasing the elk herd in trucks off into the desert toward Nevada.

This little boy walked by at 20 yards. He was in a herd with 3 bigger bulls including the really big one I missed.

100_3429 (2018_07_15 21_40_38 UTC).jpg

@Serrano 2007 was an awesome year. My dad had his first of two rifle tags. Found a 390s typical a few days before the hunt. Opening evening had him at 700 yards but dad couldn’t/wouldn’t drop down the canyon. Might be the same bull you are talking about, great everything but small 5ths. Next day he was killed by a 70 year old man from the pavement.

I’m almost positive I watched you shoot your bull, load it up. That broken 7 side stands out in my memory

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom