West of Grants Ranger District?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I'm looking for maps for unit 10 deer and don't know what district the area just west of Grants, New Mexico is. Can anyone supply me with that info? Thanks a ton.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

If it was me, I'd google cibola nat forest, click on the Cibola link, then look on the rh side of the front page, at that map of the ranger districts.

Mt Taylor is the answer to your question.

LAST EDITED ON May-21-15 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Unit 10 would be the Zuni Mountains, Zuni Ranger District Cibola National Forest...was one of the first deer draw units in NM with a 3-point antler restriction...I haven't seen a deer there in several years...Wapiti, Mt. Taylor is Unit 9...you can go to the USFS website and buy the map which I believe will include the Mt. Taylor Ranger District or if you are in Albuquerque you can buy it at Holmans on Jefferson at a premium or at the USFS office off Lead and Broadway SE...good luck...

LAST EDITED ON May-21-15 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]

There is no Zuni Ranger district on the Cibola. The Zuni Mountains are part of the Mt Taylor Ranger "District". I suspect he is really after which map rather than which Forest District.

The map you are seeking is the Mt. Taylor Ranger District map. It encompasses Unit 9 Mt. Taylor AND Unit 10 Zuni Mtns. If they haven't changed the color the district map cover should be purple (at least the latest version I have is purple). I would also look at the Cibola NF website and look at the travel management map to see what roads are open and which ones are restricted to certain motor vehicle types. I hunt and guide that unit. Any questions send me a PM.

Good luck,

MBBGH

Thanks guys....I googled Cibola NF and came across numerous maps and none of them looked to encompass the area between Zuni and Grants. I will check out the Mt Taylor map. Thanks again.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom