Western Virgin

T

trealtree

Well, I have been hunting for 17 years. I have hunted everything that walks here in tennessee and southern kentucky. But I have always dreamed of a western hunt in Wyoming.

I know the land around here(TN) better than most. I know where to find deer turkeys rabbitts etc.. But I will be honest I dont know a thing about hunting wyoming. I have been scouring the net for several months learning about the draw and trying to figure out what area to put in for.

Any help or info would be much appreciated. We just want to see some open country and have a chance at a decent mulie or whitetail. My wife has never hunted, but is willing to try it out. I will be hunting with a muzzleloader and she will most likely use a 25-06.

I am trying to find an area that is somewhat close to town (for the wife not me). But close enough to some good public hunting grounds. If it were just me going, I would find the most off the wall campground and rough it for a week. But with the wife this would probably not be pleasurable. :)

We are putting in for the draw that is starting next month. We have 0 prefernce points.

Open for suggestions.

Thanks for the info guys keep it coming. Everyone here has been very helpful.

We all started right where you are at now ! It's only right to pay it back a little.

Pat C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom