Wet Mountains velvet bull (pics)

Alamosa

2.jpg

I caught this fella lurking around my property in the Wet Mountains on Sunday morning.

3.jpg

There has always been bulls around here. I get photos of them on my property with a trail cam from time to time. I saw a herd of 15 bulls nearby once when I didn't have a camera.

4.jpg

I can't quite make out the story on the antlers here due to the fuzzy photo and background branches and velvet. The body on him was impressive. It had a very horse-shaped look to the naked eye.

5.jpg

Nice 3rds...

Haha...that bull is ridiculous. Had a buddy that lived over there and told me there were bulls like that.

nice! thanks for sharing the photos. hopefully you can get some more pics, or even better, put an arrow/bullet through him.

mshred

Nice bull, I use to hunt around the Deer Peak area on the San Isabel Forest - seen some good bulls come off there in the 60's. I was up in the Westcliffe and Silvercliffe area earlier this year and boy has things changed. Hard to believe what happened to Rosita.

Wildsage

He looks nice and fat. I tried hunting the Wet Mountains while I was in school, but never had much luck.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom