What actions for 28 Nosler ???

c3

Very Active Member
Interested in what actions could be converted into a 28 Nosler that can shoot 195 grain bergers?

Wanting to build up a super cost effective fast flat elk gun. Just for kicks.

Cheers, Pete

Super cost effective? Start with a savage magnum action an install a prefit barrel yourself. It'll be ugly, accurate, and very cost effective.

Rem 700 with a magnum bolt face or any clone. You can run a Wyatt's box if you want to throat it longer. My rifle is setup with a SAAMI reamer and shoots lights out with the 195s.

>Rem 700 with a magnum bolt
>face or any clone. You
>can run a Wyatt's box
>if you want to throat
>it longer. My rifle is
>setup with a SAAMI reamer
>and shoots lights out with
>the 195s.

^^^^this!
I'd also get a barrel with an 8 twist.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Thanks guys

Anyone ever modded up a Ruger American magnum?

I have a full machine shop with all the latest cad/cam and such, but just want to get started on some of this type of thing with more cost effective parts to start.

The reason I'm asking is because I picked up a new in the box RA in 270 win last fall that the first two shots were touching at 100. Actually found it to be an incredible gun much less for the $300 I paid. I was going to mess with it, but it's such a shooter out of the box decided to just leave it alone and look at something else for a project gun to learn the ropes on.

Cheers, Pete

Pete

I'd recommend starting on a M700 if you want to build a 28Nos. Vast majority of aftermarket parts readily available for a M700 and easy to work on.
True the action face and lug abutments/ bolt lugs and thread a barrel on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom