What are your mule deer plans for 2017

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
Since most of the major draws are done except Idaho, where are all you monstermuley folks headed for mule deer this year. I try to concentrate on mule deer and throw in other hunts if I have openings. Here is my list for the year,

CO-Muzzy deer 411/52/521 Wife's tag
OR-Deer-Columbia Basin-I have a 4k lease(same property as the Jim Burnworth bow hunt in Oregon)
NV-Unit 031
CO-2nd season 411/52/521
MT-General season deer

I can't get enough and am looking forward to this fall.

Rich

Well Rich, looks like you will be traveling some this fall for a few good hunts. Best of luck. For me it will be general season Utah muzzleloader deer for two of my sons and myself and Colorado 3rd season 61 with two of my other hunting buddies. Also throw in a Colorado antelope hunt with my other son and Utah San Juan rifle elk with my wife.

Arizona still hasn't drawn/posted. I'm hoping I'm heading to the Kaibab (archery of course). If not, I have a Colorado archery mule deer tag......late fall I'll be heading to a late season rut hunt in Northern California (Bass Hill).....and always a January rut hunt in Arizona (OTC).

BOHNTR )))---------->

I am going to chase mule deer on a Wyoming resident general license. I also have limited quota elk, antelope and whitetail licenses.

It should be a lot of fun.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

I did poorly in the draws this year so I won't be hunting what I had hoped to. I moved units in CO for archery deer. I will hunt Idaho late archery deer, and MT general deer & elk.

0 for a bunch this year. Unless AZ or ID come through and thats a shot in the dark, I only get to play guide, pack mule and driver for my dad who pulled a 67 3rd tag in CO. At least I get to get out and enjoy to all.

So far my plan is..
WY Deer region Y
MT General​ Deer combo
MX Mule Deer in January

Still got my fingers crossed for Idaho and AZ. ?.

In order
Nevada- Muzzy Deer
California- G1 Blacktail
Colorado- 3rd season Elk/Deer
South Dakota- whitetail/MuleDeer ( will concentrate on Whitetail )

Here it goes - gonna be a good year!

Ca archery - A1
Utah San Rafael North lope
Nevada 131 deer - my 13 year old
Wyoming bull - 13 year old again
Utah Zion - yep - 13 year old
Colorado 3rd - 13 year old
Colorado 4th - 25/26 - the wife

CO archery elk hunt unit 40 with my dad and two brothers (hunting with mike Lawson/trophy class outfitters)

CO 3rd season mule deer 68/681 with my two brothers and a good friend.

We'll be putting some miles on the trucks driving out to CO in Sept and back again in November driving from WI but it will be well worth it!

Iowa archery (home state) joining 2 brothers and my dad for a general region mule deer hunt in WY. My 6 year old will hunt Iowa this year too and that's my priority.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-17 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]Find a Big one and try to kill him.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Western Washington- August Bear
western Washingon- September Archery elk
Eastern Washington- October general rifle season (pending leave approval)
CO- November Unit 30 for 3rd rifle season (4 tags for the family)

Helping a buddy in Nevada 072 muzzy bull tag. And after flunking out in Arizona (elk/antelope), Utah (everything), Nevada (everything), Colorado (everything), California (everything), and wife missing out in Utah and Nevada, I finally drew a deer tag in Idaho.

Bull hunt in Nevada is 1st priority but rut hunt in Idaho has me excited.

Well not to exciting but a fun hunt none the less.
NM Guads ( unit 30) Muzzy deer end of Oct
Scouting for ( hopefully) next years Colo tag end of Sept

Have already helped my 8 year old son tag two Tom turkeys. More fun than if I had shot them.

After 36 years I have a Maine moose permit for September

Wyoming antelope tag in October while on my way to Nevada 231.

Fourth season Colorado tag.

Maybe an Arizona tag to fill the gap between Nevada and Colorado.

Might even get back home in time to hunt a couple days with my son.

Utah muzzie deer Sept
Oregon blacktail Oct
Az. 7w bull elk Dec.

Wife wants freezer full
BRUCE & SilvrrGrand

I sucked at the drawings this year. I drew a 4th season deer in CO, and a deer license in MT. Likely hunt the NE corner in MT. And general license here in WY. Also drew a muzz antelope in WY. Should be fun. And I will whack a couple of cow elk and a whitetail doe if needed to fill freezers and make the world a better place.

Good luck in Nevada Rich. I'll be looking for pics later.

CO 3rd season deer, rifle
WY Region G, will hunt archery and if unsuccessful rifle

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

No out of state tags for me but Utah should keep us busy enough.
In order....
1- help my nephew with a youth any bull tag mid September
2- my boy on an antlerless tag end of September
3-cow elk (me)/spike (my boy) mid October
4-buck deer rifle tags for me and my boy.
Late October
5 tags between me and my boy.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

First year Utah dedicated hunter in a new unit and will probably buy a general rifle or muzzy elk tag.

Get ready for change because it's going to happen!

Dean,

Just heading out to Broadus. Have some friends with some property out there. Going to go the last few days of November.

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-17 AT 07:33PM (MST)[p]Kickerbuck.......
I'll tell you how I do it!
2 reasons.....
First, I work 12 hour shifts. I Basically work half the week and have the other half off. (Typically take advantage of this concerning scouting season)
Second....I get approx 6 weeks vacation per year. So I use the majority of my PTO to hunt.
I don't work much usually in September and October typically.....
To pay for all this requires overtime at work in the winter and spring time. Especially if I also want to upgrade or get new hunting equipment.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

Heading to Idaho for the gen. season OTC. That hunt is sandwiched between a NWT moose and Mtn. Caribou hunt in Sept. and a Montana Sheep tag in Nov. Working in Dec. then off to our ranch DIY in Sonora Mex. for Coues deer.

Scouting trip next month to Colorado high country

Archery mule deer in south Dakota

Archery whitetails in Minnesota

Archery whitetails in Wisconsin

Rifle whitetails in Wisconsin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom