What are your thoughts on SFW?

idahoan

Personally I like SFW and what they have done and are trying to do in many western states. Here in Idaho the have helped get the wolf delisted and in Arco helped preseve some vital winter range, and by Pocatello towards Inkom they are putting up a fence to protect the animals.
My biggest selling point is that the money you use to join stays here to help fight and und with what we need. I am a member and want to hear what you all think of it? Thanks

Im glad they have met with so much resistance in Idaho..
The money might be staying in Idaho, but i doubt much of it is going towards wildlife.. Just another shifty outfit that is out to line their own pockets with your money..
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=171228&MESSAGES=36&state=ID
In the beginning they swore they weren't going after any tags in Idaho.. Well they ended up with a Sheep tag that FNAWS used to get.. They had a failed attempt at getting our super tags,
Even though they swore they would never try for them..
If they do some how get more of there foot in the door, You can damn sure kiss the super tags among others GOODBYE.
Look at the tactics they are using in Alaska.
Alaska is having their Advisory Committee elections,
Sfw is smearing the names of anybody running for committee
thats not on board with them. And also having 100's of folks showing up to vote without sticking around to hear what any of the canidates have to say..
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=70886
SFW is the worst thing that could happen to Joe hunter in Idaho......

Blaine, As far as here in Utah, I feel SFW does more to help wildlife than any other group. Some 501C3 groups just wont tackel the tough subjects. Like RMEF and the Wolf problem. But, obviously their are critics. Usely people that wont get the facts and ask questions on what they are concerned about. They just make assumptions. Until they do something I dont agree with they have my support.

Idaho dont have 200 of anything to give up. They would be left with empty hills.

I don't think Mr Nate Helm was poor to begin with and being the president of the Idaho chapter hasn't hurt him.

okay i have heard some bad things as well from people who were supporting SFW in the beggining, I may not be personnally sold on SFW all the way but right now I believe they are doing more than any other group for our wildlife. They are trying i believe, and personally I have never helped with anything but I feel it is time for sportsman and the people of Idaho to stand up and change things. We need to uite and do something to better our state and improve wildlife as a whole. Last I checked anyone could run for SFW and change the way things are going, but frankly we have all been sitting on our backside way to long. Quit whining and help out some way, we might not agree on something but we sure as hell cant change anything from our living room (me included) Its has to start somewhere, or there won't be much left. I'm not saying SFW has all the answers or is doing everything right but they do or can have an influence and one voice and a little effort can go a long way. It is just starting here, it will continue to grow, do you want your objectives met or do you want to sit back, complain and just let them do what they want to do.
About the tags, I dont know that I agree with that and but i need to get involved to make a difference until something better comes along to put my efforts into, until then and you come and let me know. I'm putting my efforts right here because I think they are doing the MOST GOOD. Who wantts to help.

>Maybe Workman can talk Id into
>giving up 200 tags for
>the betterment of wildlife?

Who do you think is helping Idaho get their Wolf problem under control. SFW. If I'm not mistaken they have spent over $100,000.00 in attorney fees trying to get Wolf's de-listed. How much have you spent?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-10 AT 06:53AM (MST)[p](((but frankly we have all been sitting on our backside way to long. Quit whining and help out some way, we might not agree on something but we sure as hell cant change anything from our living room.)))
That's a bold statement right there!!! Have you been peeking in everybody's living room???? What the hell do you know about any one of us, and what we have or haven't done to help out.
You ever hear of RMEF, MDF,DU, Pheasants forever,NRA,NWTF???
And that's just for starters,Plenty other orgs out there..
I'm sure there are a few of us out here that have volunteered for some of the various programs that F&G has asked for help on.
Is picking sagebrush seed or planting Bitterbrush,or helping to capture and collar animals not helping out???
How many Coyotes were killed this year by us.. I have been in on a few Wolf kills,,How many times have you been out to try for a Wolf??
(((I'm not saying SFW has all the answers or is doing everything right but they do or can have an influence and one voice and a little effort can go a long way.))))
That's exactly what scares the hell out of me, The crap they pull aint't exactly what i want INFLUENCED fOR me..
Did you do "ANY" research on SFW before you joined??
Or did you just run into one of their salesman listen to his salespitch and say YEAH,YEAH, YEAH, heres my check???
I could go on and on, but i kind'a feel like it's a waste of time. DO A LITTLE RESEARCH THEN COME ON BACK AND TELL US WHAT A HERO DON PEAY IS!!!!! The writeings on the wall,,all you have to do is LOOK UP.......

Do you have proof they spend $100k? They seem to like to throw around a lot of numbers they can't back-up or take credit for another work.

SFW is nothing more than a marketing organization designed to make money.

Sorry runamuk I should have said the majority of Idahos Sportsman and women need to help more( i don't know what people are doing), I know that people volunteer every year and chance they get, it was a poor choice of words, by the way I have heard of all but two of the groups you mentioned and am a member of the NRA but I havnt seen much that they have done for Idaho in terms of conservation. I did do as much HWk as the internet site will allow as well as talk to leaders from MDF and SFW, I really like RMEF and what they've done, I would put my money there as well.
Curious guys how much do these guys make a year I cant find it never have been able too, MDF is a non profit right do they recieve funds at all/ compensations? Again I don't know which is the best complete help for Idaho but I feel that SFW can help.
Runamuk, Brymoore. What would you propose would be a good way to help Idahos wildlife in general? Not looking to fight, I seriously wood like to explore more options, before I jump in full swing. Is just aiding the FDIG the best way to go, because they are truly in charge of the wildlife, if so then maybe I should start there instead, I just realize that I need to help more and want to help out.

No sweat Idahoan,, Its obvious you want to help out and do some good,, Thats great..
As far as what we can do to get things back on track,, well i really don't know,, but i wish i did.
One thing i do think i know is selling off Idahos best tags to the highest bidder ain't gonna get the job done...And as far as im concerned it in no way is an option..
Theres an old saying,,Where theres smoke theres fire,,
Seems to me everytime theres a thread about SFW started there is
plenty of both..
Do a search here on MM about SFW then go to Bowsite.com and Alaska outdoor supersite and do a search..Chances are if you spend a little time doing that you might not be so fond of good ol SFW..

Blaine, just give me your money so I can use it for gas money to go find sheds this spring? Good plan! We will still call it SFW! (Skylers Free Win?)

>Maybe Workman can talk Id into
>giving up 200 tags for
>the betterment of wildlife?

If i'm not mistaken Idaho dont have 200 tags that would benefit the betterment of wildlife. Do they even have 100.

They wouldn't raise any money if they did have tags to auction...the product isnt their. Keep up the status quo..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom