What broadheads do you prefer?

R

RKP3

I just wanted to get a general idea what brand of broadheads does everyone shoot. As for me, I shoot 4 blade 90 grain muzzys.

What about you?

I shoot rage or teken depending on my mood. My wife shoots the grim reapers 75 grain mine are all 100's

I really like the way the G5 Strikers fly! I've killed two bull elk, a mule deer and a javelina with the 100 gr.broadhead. My buddy shoots the Thunderheads and really likes them. Muzzy's don't shoot as well for me but I've got friends that shoot them. I think if you find one you like and you shoot it well stick with it. It's about shot placement and super sharp blades imo.

Good luck this year!

100gr. G5 Stirkers have gotten me two elk and 2 muleys with absolutely no problems and no animal going more than 50 yards!

I love that the blades are replaceable and how well they fly and penetrate too.

?-ERock-> ?

My go to head is a 4 blade 100gr Muzzy. I am trying a expanable this year though a 100rg Fuse Kamusi.

Mark

Geesh, no Magnus yet?!?!? Buzzcut 100grs for me. Fly straight and true, even out of an 06 Tribute at 295 fps.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I am a fan of Muzzy. Last year I shot my deer at 65 yards with a 100 grain 3 blade and it went through both front shoulders and he almost dropped on the spot.

I was going to shoot Wac'em's this year for fun to try something new but honestly I don't think a broadhead is word more than $5-7.

If your bow is tuned and you sight in with your broadheads you will kill what you hit with them.

Dillon

Wac'em Triton 100 gr head for me! Thet are very reliable and fly like field tips at all distances! I use the Triton XL's for Turkey. This large cutting head flies like field tips as well.

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

Our group all shoots G-5 Strikers 100gr on Easton FMJ 340's with Blazers. On a calm day with no wind you can cover a quarter at 50 yds and tennis ball at 60 yds. Strikers shoot same as field points on a quality bow with small diamiter arrows and Blazers.

The kenetic energy with total arrow weight 466 gr. is unbelievable on elk using Strikers and this set up....

We can not use expandables where we hunt.

100 grain Grim Reaper Razor tips!!

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
Grim Reaper Broadheads

Yes, and I am sure titanium is very expensive which is why the price is way up. However you would have a head that would stand right up there with steel and still be light weight. What I don't understand is why the heck Rage didn't fix their dang problems! Why bother?? Same design, same problems wont make a difference what they are made of.

GBA

Ive recently switched to switch trick. They fly dead on with field points. I Cant wait to get em bloodied up this huntin season.

Has anyone here tried the Double Whammy by Inventive Technologies in American Fork? I really like this broadhead, it flies extremely well and the blades are .045 thousandths compared to a lot of blades at .025-.030 thousandths of an inch. Durable broadhead and locally manufactured for us utards.

I love the big ole snuffers. I have shot them for about 25 years now and I still don't think there's a better head made from the standpoint of killing critters with a bow.

BigoleSnuffers.jpg

Have a good one and choose your broadhead wisely, as it just happens to be the most important piece of equipment a bowhunter uses.

Have a good one. BB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom