What coyote calls are you guys using??

Dirt1

Hey guys I have been hitting it pretty hard this last week just using a cotton tail mouth call. But no luck so far. I am buying a FoxPro and just wondering what sounds work good for this time of the year. Any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated.

The call you are using will probably work. make sure you keep the wind in your favor, set up where you are well hidden, and don't make any movements once you start calling. If after fifteen minutes you don't have a responce, move on. Make lots of set and you will be successful.

You are gonna love that FoxPro..

I use 3 main sounds... Dying Cottontail, Fawn Bleats, and pup in distress... All 3 of these work well..

Stand loacation is just as important pay attention to the wind..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Stick with distress sounds like others have said. Cottontail, Jackrabbit, Bird Distress and hurt coyote sounds have been working really well for me so far. Biggest pointer I have is to get at least an hour or more away from the Wasatch Front. Look for scat and tracks on the road, be stealthy when getting to your stand (don't slam the truck doors, whisper, and part truck out of sight), and watch your downwind. Last of all have fun and take lots of pictures!

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

skip the foxpro and buy one of Brian's calls. look at cjg-beef's cig line for the site.
workmanpredatorcalls.com
i have some and they are much purdier.
you can have the prettiest calls in the hills and sound great too.

you can google the top rated foxpro calls, they are voted for by foxpro users the top ten are
lightning Jack
DSG cottontail distress
Coy.pup Distress 3
Lucky Bird
Coyote locator
Bay Bee Cottontail
Coy.pup screams
Coyote pup distress 2
Jackrabbit distress
Adult cottontail

My favorite came in at number 12 it is Cottontail Distress 1

I bought tweety which is a jack rabbit and a cottain tail sounds very cool first year useing it i killed 18 coyotes that was 5 years ago. Ive only killed one sense with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom