what daypack?

JeremyKS

looking for a pack I can use on day hikes for hunting. looking for something thats big enough for a spotting scope and tripod whats your best suggestion?

I have a camelbak. Not too big or too small. Its got a pocket for a water bladder. Perfect for me. I actually attach it to my external pack frame in case I get lucky. Had to pack out an elk two years ago and it wasnt pretty. Rifle, daypack, and elk quarter. Now I have an attachment on my pack frame for my rifle and I can tie an elk quarter or deer to the pack frame and not struggle walking.

Badlands 2200. Simply the best for what you want. It has special pockets designed for your spotter and tripod.

I have used the badlands "super day" for the past few years. after a ton of research and comparison, I found it to have the best suspension sytem i could find. Very comfortable, especially under loaded conditions.

five_point_buck
C.B.C.S.

I just got the eberlstock "just one" pack and few months ago, hauled out two quarters of an antelope for a guide and his client and didn't even know I had much in the pack. It is very compact and had long pockets on the side for my tripod and bino and camelback and a gunsling, which i didn't need for this trip. It then opens with a mesh side to keep meat cool (as cool as you can in az) and holds a good amount, I think it would probably have held all 4 quarters and then some and it has alot of places to tie gear on.

After I pull my gun out of my scabbard, I put my spotting scope with the legs extended in the scabbard. It works great for fast easy access. Russ

I have the Jim Horn by Blacks Creek and it is great! It has a pocket on the back so you can carry your bow and one on the side for your rifle. Its nice and quite. The internal frame is a nice feature also. I can't say enough about it and nothing against the Badlands pack but I believe the Jim Horn is alot cheaper.

Donnie

I use the Master guide backpack from Crooked Horn Outfitters. It is a well built pack and I can easily carry all the gear I need for a hunt. It has a special pocket designed for a spotting scope and tripod. I usually put my camera in there too.

I like the looks and design of the Badlands packs as well.

Have fun and shoot straight!.

FH

Badlands packs are on top. Can't beat their warranty. Doesn't matter how it happens. They will fix it. The 2200 is a great pack. Lots of pockets and it will haul some serious meat.

Kris

go with eberlestock - forget the rest, buy the best - check them out. I use my Justone almost everyday and have for almost a year. I hunt with it, then it's my phtography pack. Just a damn useful pack. That picture of the guy packing out the mule deer buck is one of my hunting partners wearing my pack with me taking the photo. . . He bought one after the trip.

They also make the gun-slinger it's a good day pack that handles a bow - very kool pack. You can try them out at sportsmans warehouse - in most areas, not sure where youre at.

www.eberelstock.com

I second, third, fourth ....... Seams everyone is singing the same tune for the Eberlestock Just One. Love my J104.

I will second the Badlands Superday Pack!!! I simply love it!!!It's large eneough for an overniter!!! Good Luck

Talked to an outfitter who has had a Jost One (J104) since last year. It is his daily day pack and his subguides all have the same pack now.

This last week, his clients took four trophy mulies and each came out in one trip in his Just One pack. It transforms from the perfect 2100ci day pack capable of holding your full-size spotter and tripod, gear, H2O bladder, rifle in the gun scabbard, and then changes into a freight hauler with the pull of a zipper in seconds.

Outfitter tough on a daily basis!

www.eberlestock.com

Ed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom