What did you draw???

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
With most of the Western States draws over, what did you draw?

I drew a Wyoming elk tag in February so the rest of my apps were either very tough draws or PP'd.

I did put the family in for Wyoming antelope. Glad we were all sitting on 3 PPs. That $90.00 each guaranteed us decent tags this year.

So my season is 2 weeks archery hunting Wyoming elk. Then a long week hunting Wyoming antelope with the family. Hoping they give out the doe tags too since we'll have 8 tags. i love antelope meat!!! If I don't get it done during archery season, I have the first week to rifle hunt on a good ranch.

With the tag in the bag, I was able to PP Kali and Colorado so next year I'm guaranteed my elk hunt in Colorado and X6A here. With Colorado deer I'll have the PPs to draw what i was waiting for BUT think I'll wait 2 more years for another unit I've always wanted to hunt.

Hope everyone else got at least one decent tag.

I was thinking the last few years that I'd drop out of the Goodale wait the first year I don't have a good tag by the CA deadline. I'm max points acroiss the board in CA. Well, one more year for Goodale. I guess a WY area 5 bighorn tag is decent. I might send back my CO 2nd choice muzz deer tag to allow me more time to enjoy WY, maybe if I tag early go CO OTC elk or CA "D" longer. Still in for MT big 3, AZ strip and sheep, and CA, but nothing with good draw odds is left....

I have az.bow bull elk , drew blanks on everything else so far . Plannning on drawling the 12awest late hunt in az. and maybe a whitetail hunt in Idaho.Far as lovely cali ,I will just be putting in for a x-zone bow deer tag. Congrades to you Elmerfudd on your sheep tag I seen you the wy. forum before the draw talking about maybe drawling it . good job, sheep hunting is a blast I drew one last year in oregon and they taste great. good luck in the draw or I should say the lottery.

got a bighorn sheep tag for unit 31 colo in my hand, a late nevada deer tag, a general deer tag in montana ! i put in for 43 or 44 out of state tags each year, still waiting on some states , & i also have max points across the board here in calif. actually have max points in alot of states, its starting to pay off.

Preference points only in Wyoming, didn't draw anything in Nevada, and with -0- points for Muleys and only 1 for lopes, i'm gonna have to get very lucky to have anything other than a "C" zone tag for deer here in Kali, maybe not even get that as it's my second choice.

Good year though. I bought a home, new furnishings and appliances, a big new carport is coming for out back and...it's all done paid for! Barely, but it is. I can go this year without a major trip and be grateful for a few little long weekend trips close to home.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Looks like over the counter tag for a whitetail hunt in idaho for me this year.

Waiting to see who drew the Utah Muzzy Elk Tag....my wife or me!! The anticipation is killing me...either I'll be the cameraman or the trigger guy. I'm still a winner..either way I'll be in one of my favorite spots in Utah!!

Arizona late rifle elk. 0 on a deer tag in Nevada. Still waiting arizona deer reults for rifle if I don't draw it will be otc archery deer in az. Good luck to all who drew tags!!

Thought I was going to pull a Utah Bookcliffs deer tag with 11 points. Well that didn't happen. We put in for plan "B". Colorado Bull Elk muzzleloader with 0 points and got lucky and beat they 10% odd with no points in a unit we have had good success in. Still have Az deer to go.

Me and my sons have all drawn nada, zero, squat for NV, CO, UT and WY. Well more points I guess.. Have CA to go as our last hope. Have to scramble to see what's left to hunt for out of state. Congrats to all who drew and good luck to those htat still have a chance to draw something..

elk wyo should draw deer.
mont. deer
New Mex. antelope, Jan.archery deer
Kansas archery whitetail
waiting for Ore,Ca,Az & South Dakota

ansas archery whitetail.

I have not drawn a tag yet but I have max points for Az deer so I have a chance for a strip tag.

2311idiot.jpg

I have not drawn a single tag this,is the worse year i have had in about 10-12 years in the draws.
Arizona Deer is my best chance left and those odds are not that great.Looks like i may be looking for leftovers or a landowner tag or maybe i'll find someone who drew a great tag and come along as a spotter for them.LOL

FLY.......IT TOOK THIS NR 12 POINTS LAST YEAR TO DRAW THE BOOKS TAG. W/O ANY PT. CREEP NEXT YEAR COULD BE YOUR YEAR..........YD.

Vernon, Utah....any legal weapon.

Nothing in Nevada....

Waiting for Cali....

I'll have my hands full scouting and such for the Vernon hunt so I'm good not drawing anything else unless its a Premium hunt in Cali.

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

UNIT 7 NV(may turn back in), UTAH GEN BUCK(LE pts, pts, pts!)...B Zone for sure as 2nd choice, waiting for draw!.....I used to have max pts I Cali except except I hit a bull tag and antelope already.. I still try and will hit both again for sure someday!! maxed on sheep here also!

I drew Nevada elk 61-71, Nevada antelope 12-14, and Arizona unit 1 elk. Waiting on California and South Dakota.

Good luck to everyone.
CABugle

CABugle is that Arizona unit 1 a Archery tag ? If so you will have a great time that is a awesome hunt.

Did not draw for Colorado or Utah. Got busy and booked a Colorado hunt with Indian Summer Outfitters for deer and elk., Then found out I got drawn for Nevada deer 171 Early and a Nevada antelope tag. Going to be busy. Now I am hoping I don't get drawn for Calif and save my points.

The only chance I have is Pronghorn in WY. I think about a 20% chance with 4 points. If I don't draw I think it's off to Alaska.

Eel

eel..

I got a chance in Wyoming for speed goats also. I only had 2 points and I heard they dropped the tags (after the application of course).

Wish the buggers would tell us sooner than later- makes it tough to have a backup plan.

Pretty solid chance for Bass Hill archery this year. However, again I gotta wait for that too.

Drew a buncha points otherwise.

I have a special buck tag for South Dakota and a Nevada land owner tag in 154. still trying for tule elk and just buy A zone tags

Yep. I PPd elk as I'm getting close and it would conflict with the Wyoming hunt. Deer was the Henry's because I didn't want to draw (and didn't). Antelope for me and the wife were PP'd also. Nada on moose or sheep for either of us.

Having a Wyoming tag in your gun safe in February is a great thing IMO. Could just PP or apply for extreme odds tags and not even worry about the draws. Now I'm in position to draw at least 3 tags I've been chasing next year, and getting close to a VERY good elk tag in Utah. Wife is guarenteed a good kali deer and Utah antelope tag next year.

A-1 Archery in the C zones. Hopefully I have some time to go with work being a bit busy during that time of year.......

Hunter how many Utah points you have for Elk and what weapon are you planning on using?
I have 12 and hoping for a Archery tag in the next few years.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom