what do u think

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-12 AT 07:33PM (MST)[p]In the 70s, but IMHO 777 acres is an awful small area to be restricted to for an antelope hunt unless you got a really good deal. Do you realize that standing in the center of that area that you could easily shoot to the perimeter fence if it was a flat surface?

You might me right top gun the area is small but idk about shooting from one end to the other. I scouted it for a few hours today and saw nothing. I did see some trail cam pics of the big boy about every 2 days in the same water hole. The owner only had one trail cam and there are other water tanks on the property. I'm pretty discouraged but I did do a trade and didn't have much in the item I'm trading. I'm guessing this is going to be a boring hunt but the neighbor has 40k acres and 10 tags so I'm hoping the antelope will mosey on over. My gut said to not get the tag but the rancher was so damn nice I couldn't say no after we spend a few hours looking around. He says the success rate has been 100 percent besides last year when I hunter sat on his tailgate the entire time and he still had a shot at the one pictured on the ad. I'll post my results after the hunt next weekend. Hopefully the man upstairs will look out for me.

Rob

Thanks hay Zeus I'm just trying to stay positive and hope for the best. Worse case I helped a good person out and had a chance at a big (in my eyes) antelope. I can live with that.

Having a good time and making some good memories is what it's all about and not squeezing the trigger every time. Go out there with the attitude and post that nice one for us to look at when you get back. Good luck and be safe out there!

That is a kind of a small ranch, but that part of the world does produce some big ones. Some of the big neighboring ranches kill goats in the mid 80's and higher every year.

Got him

5146img_1749.jpg

See, I told you so, LOL! Good going and congratulations on that wide goat! He has the potential to break 80" if the cutters are good, but it's just really hard to tell from those photos how he will score out. Wheter he's in the low 70s or 80s doesn't really matter as it's a great trophy any way you cut it!!!

Congrats on getting it done. It obviously worked out and you did get a big one. Hes an impressive wide buck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom