What does a bear do...

chewyman55

Random question of the day here: Have any of you have seen how a bear gets over (or through) a barbed wire fence? The thought of one jumping doesn't seem right. Maybe between strands? Or under like a Pronghorn? Just got to wondering....

they open the gate. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

It would only be a guess on my part but would say under or thru the strands. I'm sure someone can answer your ? But FYI Pronghorn will and do jump fences. Have seen it many times in Wyoming and South Dakota.

>It is! Clearly I've been pondering
>the deep mysteries of the
>universe today.

LOL, must be as bored as I am, watching the clock cout down to 5:00

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-12 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]ha I knew I was going to take heat for this one. Honestly, I was curious because one of the spots I bear hunt, borders a fence. It's crossed my mind, "If I spook a bear here...is he going to go blasting through that fence or what?" That's the beauty of hunting...crap like that can run through your head :)

Maybe they do like this bear...not only is he a "campground organizer", but maybe he negotiates with USFS, BLM, and Range permittees about leaving gates open sometimes for all bears to pass!;-)
262democrat_bear.jpg

good question!!! ill bet they walk through or climb over possibly find a stump or rock next to the fence and climb on it and jump the rest idk!

ive never seen a pronghorn jump a fence but i dont doubt it i have always seen them go under or through. blm actually makes range fences antelope friendly the make you put the second from the bottom wire a smooth wire.

I watched a bear cross a road in front of me and plow right through the strands of a fence. Didn't slow him down a bit, but left a pile of hair behind.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom