What does this one score?

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Screenshot_20230812_220243_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20230812_212909_Video Player.jpg

Tough to tell from those pics-does he have something funky going on with his right side?

I am thinking 160”ish

hard to judge from the pics. Past the ears, brow tines, maybe some large crabs on the fronts, not sure whats going on with the right side but itd be hard for that deer to be under 170 gross. prob some deductions because of that right side but nets are for fishing. Past the ears + brow tines and I dont look much further thats a boom.

hard to judge from the pics. Past the ears, brow tines, maybe some large crabs on the fronts, not sure whats going on with the right side but itd be hard for that deer to be under 170 gross. prob some deductions because of that right side but nets are for fishing. Past the ears + brow tines and I dont look much further thats a boom.
Yeah the spotting scope I had was garbage. His main beam splits on the right. He is a mainframe 3x4 but the split main beam makes him a 4x4.

Maybe it’s just me Grizz, but from the pics I can’t tell what he is, looks like a 165 frame and then the extras on his right side? Have any better pics of him now?

My quick thoughts........
His driver side is a low 160's frame with the weak front.
The width could put him in the mid 160's but his mass without the velvet is weak putting him back down to a low 160's range.
His passenger side appears to have the G3 coming off the main beam instead of off the G2. Not sure if that would result in no G3 and the next long point being the G4?

Without better pics I would "guess" his gross score in the low 160 range. He won't net much. But he is a cool looking deer!!!

Nice find and thanks for sharing Griz

Last edited:
Well I got him. @Tristate and @SDBugler nailed it. He scored 163 4/8. I thought his beams were a little longer, his inside spread was a little wider and his backs were a little taller. Still super happy and it was an awesome adventure! To make it better my daughter got a buck as well and my wife was along for the trip. I over judged him by 10 inches. Last year I underjudged the one I got by 10 inches?!
Screenshot_20231013_165128_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231013_165218_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got him. @Tristate and @SDBugler nailed it. He scored 163 4/8. I thought his beams were a little longer, his inside spread was a little wider and his backs were a little taller. Still super happy and it was an awesome adventure! To make it better my daughter got a buck as well and my wife was along for the trip. I over judged him by 10 inches. Last year I underjudged the one I got by 10 inches?!View attachment 122836

View attachment 122835
Awesome man! Congrats

Way to go griz!l It is one thing to locate a good buck, but a bigger accomplishment to actually target a specific buck and harvest him.

Congratulations to both of you.

Great thread,

So cool to see the summer scouting photos then have it come together. Then a successful kid as a kicker.

Probably some sleepless nights hoping he survived the other seasons,

Thanks for sharing,

Mark,

Great thread,

So cool to see the summer scouting photos then have it come together. Then a successful kid as a kicker.

Probably some sleepless nights hoping he survived the other seasons,

Thanks for sharing,

Mark,
Yes the mind games were definitely occurring ?.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom