What happen to Ikester???

Scratch,

I made a request to monstermuleys asking that they delete all my posts, and they were kind enough to accommodate me. That request does not reflect any hard feeling I have for monstermuleys, but does address my needs to be removed from the circles I have fallen into.

My name and reputation has been continually attacked time and again on several of these boards, which finally convinced me to walk away. I do not believe the in fighting is good for the future of our sport. Over time, I have tried just about everything imaginable to end the constant assaults and found no answers but this one. I will go back to writing my stories for magazines where other hounddoggers can't take cheap shots at me day after day.

I do have an email addy on my webpage Scratch for anybody who wants to contact me; however, I'm done posting here because of previously stated reasons.

Take care and stay in touch Scratch--and you're still welcome to come run with me when time allows it.

Keep'em treed!
ike

Well,

There is your answer Scratch. Noble of you to play the martyr again Ikester, but as I recall you have been on the giving end plenty too, not just the receiving end. ;-)

Scratch, you should take Ike up on his offer to hunt with him, and it should be easy enough since your IP address is registered to the Basin.

Shouldn't be a very long trip for you. :) :) :) :) :)

Take care and happy hunting Dennis. You too "Scratch". ;-)

Brent,

You have once again proven why I no longer am willing to exchange words, conversation, or discuss any issues with you by implying that Scratch and I are one the same. Yes, there are two IP numbers or computers that Scratch has posted from: the most recent in Vernal Utah and the other from Riverton, Wyoming. I suppose that means that Scratch has made a visit to the Basin in recent days, or somehow knows how to change his IP number on monstermuleys. Maybe Scratch is a pretty smart guy? However, it was not me that made that post--nor have I made up some Scratch character for some unknown purpose.

Goodbye junior (I'm sure your world will be somewhat empty without me),

the ikester

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-06 AT 12:32PM (MST)[p]Diamond D,

I wasn't implying anything. Just merely pointing out to Scratch that since his IP was registered in the Basin, he shouldn't have a very far drive to hook up and hunt with you.

I'm sure you and Scratch will get along great and probably have a lot in common. I'm sure Scratch will report to us on how the hunt goes and we'll all look forward to it. He comes across as a real stand up guy and you two should become good friends.

Don't be paranoid amigo. And don't say goodbye, because we both know you will be back. Pretending you are going to ignore these websites and disappear is a waste of words amigo. We all know that ain't gonna happen.

So I'll just forget about that last part where you said Goodbye. I'll go back to the Troll site and let the smurfs pick on me again. Happy hunting and keep after 'em.

Said it before and I'll say it again Dennis. You are a good hunter and we all know you're a good hunter. But until you just try to be "one of the guys" instead of trying to put yourself above everyone else, you'll have trouble everywhere you go, not just on websites.

You mentioned where you had caught 9 bears so far or something. I hunt the same country and I know how hard it is to catch 9 bears here in Utah. It's no easy feat and probably more than most catch around here all year. I know what it takes to tree 9 bears here in Utah and it takes a lot of time and some good dogs.

But dude, there is a guy I know that hangs on these sites and he's been under 30 bear trees so far this year, and I know another guy that caught 5 bears last week, and he hit the 9 mark in May. Neither was in Utah but the point is there are some guys out there hunting full time and part time and catching tons and tons of game.

Guys like that have a hard time listening to a weekend hunter like me or you bragging about how great we are or how our dogs are as good as any out there. Just the way it is, and I know you will never change but you have to realize that attitude is always going to keep the heat on you. If you haven't figured that out by now I can't help you dude.

We know you have good dogs, we know you are a good hunter. You don't have to keep singing that song anymore. No matter how good the song is, you hear it enough on the radio and you start to get tired of it. Take care and happy hunting.

Keep posting a few pics and some stories. And I promise I'll keep it civil and I won't poke fun at you anymore (or slander you as you call it) ....

Take 'ol Scratch out and show him how it's done. Happy trails.

Pardon me for buttng in, but do one of you have any gum. Ike's post made me puke in my mouth a little.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-06 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-06 AT 06:16?PM (MST)

WOW Ike you really scared the hell out of me when you said your done posting on this site. It only took one post about you, and then BAM you were back! Ike are you still upset about all those pics I posted of bear!

I get the feeling that you are the little kid on the playground playing basketball, as long as you are winning it is OK, but when someone else is winning you take the ball and go home.

Please don't answer because you are done with this non-sense, but I have two words for you.

SEE YA!!!!!!

I need gum too, puked a little bit. I guess he's gone for good, huh?????? prolly not, he has to hear himself write.

Ike is gone for good and I will tell you why. It has nothing to do with the arguing, he loved that part. It has everything to do with all those that called BS and wanted to see his dogs in action. He had all his posted removed from MM because he didn't want evidence that he wouldn't show the Wolf Pack to anyone. The funny thing is, Ike started and trained the best pack of hounds on his very first try. He is the only man (I think he is a man) that has done this EVER! He does not want to be in a corner and have to show the Wolf Pack in the woods PERIOD!
I think you know why.

I can't say I liked all Ike had to say but at least he posted his stories and pictures, I even enjoyed a couple of them. Anyways I hope the rest of you will keep sharing pictures and stories.

>The funny
>thing is, Ike started and
>trained the best pack of
>hounds on his very first
>try. He is the only
>man (I think he is
>a man) that has done
>this EVER!

I think you might be on to something Havoc. Let me tell you about my first set of hounds. I had a female that would hunt her guts out everytime. Her nose would be rubbed raw from sniffing the ground and she would keep going until her feet were bloody stumps. She reminds me of Ike's story about his dog still working a track 36 hours after he dumped. At the time, I really thought I owned the best hound ever. I hunted with her for 8 years but wasn't until she passed on and I gained a little more experience that I relized how wrong I was.

My next lead dog never trailed a lion for 36 hours in his life, why?? Because he could catch it in 4 hours. If there is enough scent to trail a lion for 36 hours after the fact, there was enough scent for a good dog to catch it a helluva lot sooner. I'd be embarassed to post that my dog was still trailing a lion after 36 hours and still not have it caught. All that tells me is that the dog, while he might be determined, doesn't have the ability to push a track. He can track but can he tree??

I think it takes years of experience hunting over scores of dogs, either your own or somebody elses, to really evaluate how your dog's rank.

Kevin D, You just nailed it. So true. Lots of good dogs out there that are just that, good. But to have a truely great dog is a real blessing. I've had two out of about 25. Still looking for number 3.

May the Ikester RIP.

This is the second time that I've heard their are two Scratchs. Ike got blamed for being one of them a few months back.

I hate to see Ike leave because I enjoy his stories and pictures, especially picture of his dogs treeing. I've learned alot from ike as well as from others here.
My Grandfather and Dad hunted hounds in the Rawlins area since 1957, now that their to old to follow a pack, I carried on the family tradition. I don't claim to know much about hound hunting(elk are my specialty) I just keep my mouth shut, and listen or read.

I notice when Ike talks about his dogs or a recent hunt or JUST LIVING HIS DREAM some people jump on him like a pack of wolves. To each their own however, he has always treated me with respect and kindness and has only offered advise when I asked for it.

I have always used the name Scratch in honor of my best friend that I have ever had or will ever have...and yes he was a dog.

Scratch
Riverton

I wanted to drop a line and let everyone know that Ike is OK. I drove by the reservation the other day and Ike was siting out side a tent with his typewriter. It looked as if his next book will be very large because he was sitting on two feet of the pages. For all of you that are concerned the Wolf Pack was there also, they were in a big circle, with the Ikster in the middle telling stories, there were many members of the tribe listening also. I did notice a few Indians laughing and telling Ike he was full it, something about 31 strikes and 11 bear I'm not sure, I was traveling at 55mph. I was happy to see Ike is doing OK, and I will keep you all posted!!

Havoc

Thanks for the update, i'll sleep better tonight. Im sure choco and ryan were chillin a 30 pack on ice while the rest of the wolf pack changed the oil in the pick up, they truly can do it all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom