What has happened here?

H

hornaddiction

First of all I am a resident of Colorado and I have never hunted in the fine state of Arizona and I dont know if I ever will. But I joined this sight about 6 months ago because I thought "man" here is a cool site with a bunch of people that have the same interest as me (hunting)! Now all those same people are arguing with each other.

I dont know if I really understand this USO thing that everyone is in a uproar over. But all I know is that you guys are letting it to cause you to fight amongest yourselves and thats no way to beat this thing. "Ban" together instead of fighting because there is strenght in numbers. Look how as a group you guys got some of USO's sponsors to dump them. As a non-resident of Arizona I would be proud to help you residents in anyway to beat this thing for the sake of the sport that we all love so much.

Just my 2 cents,

horn

gOOD POST , i AGREE. Hey did you check your inbox lately? I'll be taking off to ridgway tomorrow. Sorry if I missed you.
Jeff

What has happened here is PETA's and other anti-hunting groups wet dream.....hunters fighting amoungst themselves. You can bet that our common enemies are sitting back and laughing there A$$ off at us.

Unfortunately, hunting in the west (especially mule deer and elk) is at a crossroads. Declining game numbers (especially deer), increasing human population and high demand for these two species in particular is causing many issues to come to a head.

Read some of the posts....some people want quality, some opportunity, some want to hunt every species every year and some willing to hunt every other year. Some people think tag fees are too high, some think there too low. Everybody has a different idea about what needs to be done to fix the problem.

I don't have THE answer. But it is obvious that we can't expect hunting in the west to be like it was in the old days (cheap tags every year, long seasons and lots of game)so we are going to have to accept some changes.

In the meantime, if we don't watch it and stop being so devisive the changes we experience will be dictated by anti-hunting groups.

Does anyone really want that?

Kevin, great post. I didn't even reply to Cowboy's post as it was so unlike him. Anyway ladies/gentlemen, we need to stick together. Debate is fine, but outright fighting has got to go. Hell, everyone grab a beer and chill for cryin' out loud. Paul

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom