What is your guess?

BBB

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-10 AT 11:58PM (MST)[p]

Sorry guys, I don't have a prize for a winner for this game...because there is no winner since I don't know the exact score on this buck being that it is still alive, I think.

However, I thought it would be fun for those of you that are good at field judging pronghorn to post your guess. Feel free to post your overall score, as well as your mass, length, and prong measurements.

I have a guess on what I think he will score, plus or minus 5 inches...Ha! But I will wait and see what some of you antelope aficionados guess him at. Thanks for playing.

2826img_70911_2_-_copy.jpg

7357img_709612_-_copy.jpg

Nice lope! I got one this year that looks similar. I'd say 13", 6" bases, 6 4/8 cutters. Somewhere around 75" gross.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-10 AT 07:41AM (MST)[p]I'd go a bit higher. I think he'll push 14 long with the way he curls back and those are some great cutters- probably 7 inches. Not tremendously massive at the base - I'd agree with Joey's 6 inch guess there. I'd put him in the high 70's. Lets say 78 and 5/8. Nice buck - POWWW !! Chip

I may be way off, but I say 14.5 tall, 6.5, 6.5, 4.5, 3.5 with 7 inch cutters. Puts him right around 85.
He may not net that high, but that is a shooter on most units.
I think if I'm high anywhere it's mass, but he does carry it well on top.

Kevin

He is a nice goat for sure and a shooter in most places. I would put him right at 80" He has real good cutters but they fork a little low. Not exceptionally heavy and about 14"

L=14
1=6
2=6
3=4
4=3
p=7
total=40 40x2=80"

Great, thanks for the posts so far. Averaging all your scores together we are looking at a 79" buck. I was going to guess 79-80" on score, so I wasn't too far off from your guesses. A little short in length, average to slightly above average mass, and awesome prongs.

Anyone else got a good estimate?

The next question is would you shoot this buck on an average to a little above average Wyoming unit the first day?

I say 76. He's very short at 13, average on mass at 19 per side, and awesome cutters at 6 or so.

Awesome mass, but his cutters begin way below his ears. Can't really tell how much he curls, but I don't think he'll make 14" in length.

His mass will put him 75-76. He's a shooter in my book!!

My first impression was the prongs. I am thinking they could easily hit 7. I was also thinking around 14 on the total length.

I have an idea.

BOOM!!! (with a tag in hand)

Then score, lol

Good buck!

Later

Marcial

I took a buck a few years ago in Montana and he officially score at 76"+ Pope & Young. The one I shot the year before scored 69"+ P&Y.

Your buck looks to be about the same class as my best buck.

He's good enough in most units to let the arrow fly.
>>>>------------>

Zeke

What does Eli think?

I would still guess.
6.7prong
13.8 length

times 2 = 79 Gross

It's unusual to have a goat that has that great of a prong (length and mass) and not have good mass in the other measurements imo.

That is a great looking speedgoat. However,I don't agree with the 78-80+" measurements. His mass isn't that great on his bases or up top. Also, his length at the most is 14"! His prongs however are incredible, and that's what helps his score out as well as his 2nd quarter. My guess, and this is just my opinion based on the pics (which can be deceiving) is 76" max.

If I was in your shoes, I would find out the avg size of lope killed last year, and check the B&C history for that unit. Do your homework and you won't be disappointed. Also, if you like the way he looks, it doesn't matter how big he is or what he'll score.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Exactly what I don't want to see on my hunt this year, a dandy goat but I'd like one with a little more mass, he'd be tough to pass though. Need eli on here to chime in as far as score, I'd guess a solid 76 -78 though.

Ive got a 78" buck and this buck looks bigger, while he is shorter than mine, the prongs are way better and mass is close. Im going to say 80.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom