what media?

cbryant11

i was wondering what media i should use in my brass tumbler,,, i have seen corn cob and walnut shells,,, which won is better cbryant

Find a sandblasting type supply place in the yellow pages. They'll sell a 50 pound bag of corncob grit for about 20 bucks. Could be a lifetime supply for some. I go through a bag or so a year.

You can add your own polish to it, or just run as is. Both clean. Only one shines. I could care less what my brass looks like as long as its clean and works. But I have shot upwwards of 20K rounds a year and can't waste time on cosmetics either.

Dillon and midway both sell liquid poishes to add to your cheap cob. I used walnut one time It got some nasty residue all over my cases that wouldn't come off... its not cheap. I see no use for it.

Jeff

cbryant

Generally the conrcob media cleans well but doesn't give the high jewelry bright finish that the walnut hulls impregnated with jewelers roughe does. Kind of a so what thing except that the higher polish may make resizing easier though I have never noticed a difference.

One guy I work with swears the rouge packs into the inside of the cases and has to be picked out. Again I have never seen that but never say never.

Meatmaker

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom