What peep and/or globe sight combo for KRB7?

carnicero

What sights would you recommend for a KRB7? Based on the posts, it appears that peep sights are the way to go. I shot peep sights on an M16 in the Marines, and from the prone they worked fine out at 500 yards. I've read Idahoron's posts, however where would I pick up the lyman peeps and lee shaver front globe? And would these be a good choice for the KRB7? What inserts would you use w/ the front globe?

I appreciate any recommendations! I am anxious to get a new muzzy set-up so that I can start shooting! However, I want to set it up right.

Thanks!

I just installed the Williams FP-Legend on my KRB7. I have FP's on my Marlin 336, Omega, and KRB7. They are very good sights. I put a Lyman SME-57 on my White U-Mag .504 because it was already drilled and tapped for that sight. Lymans and FP's are both are good sights. Bought most of mine from MidwayUSA.

Do you guys have a link to a specific front sight? Can't find one on those sites that looks like they would fit on a KRB

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I like the stock front fiber sight and left it on. I mounted the peep and adjusted it with the rear blade sight in place, elimitating the need for sight-in, then removed the rear blade. There was a slight interference with the Williams FP-Legend base on the KRB7. I could have ignored it, but I chose to file a slight bevel on the base instead for a little clearance. I used to be anal about modifications like this, but no more. If you have a vice and a flat metal file I would recommend making a little clearance. The base is aluminum and files easy. You can cover the bevel with a magic marker or "aluminum blacking marker" if it bugs you, but you really can't see the bevel when installed anyway. I like the FP (fool-proof) sights for their click windage and elevation adjustability and compatibilty with the stock front sights.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-08 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]can you dial in wind and elevation without tools?

BPH, was the omega drilled and tapped for the fool proof? i am looking for a target style peep that will mount on an encore.

The Williams FP screws into the rear pair of scope base mounting holes. You can use any small flat blade screw driver to turn the click-adjust screws. Yes, this is a tool, but the screws are very easy to adjust and the sight always keeps it's zero. No drilling or tapping required, and it works well with almost any front sight hieght.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom