What Raingear??

deepforks

i am looking for some good raingear. i want to spend no more than about $300 for jacket and pants (or bibs). they need to obviously be camo and id like packable and gore-tex. any suggestions? thanks.

I own Browning Hydro Fleece and Rivers West they are both very warm and dry however kinda on the heavy side. I would give the edge to Rivers West as far as quality IMO. I also bought Cabelas packable raingear, what I do is layer and when I leave the p-up if it looks like it might rain I throw in the Cabelas stuff. If it's real bad i.e. cold, stormy etc. then I wear the other.

Just my $.02.

Good luck,

Slide

picked up the cabelas mt50 jacket and pants on saturday. they were on sale for $95 a piece. the gentleman helping me also said if they EVER leak, bring them back and they will swap em out. he said because of that, some guys take advantage and trade them out every year. thats a little much, but at least they stand behind their product. i bought them one size bigger and plan on layering if needed. i like the lightweight packability of them. thanks guys:)

For light weight packable MTO50 is nice but you will get wet if it is a hard rain. Space Rain by cabelas is cheap, 100% waterproof and very packable but is not very durable. If you know you are not beatin the brush it will work fine. Sitka downpour has been the most versatile and 100% waterproof but very expensive, twice what you want to spend.
Good Luck!
Bill

I have Cabelas Rain suede packable raingear (5 years) and they have not leaked yet. I like packable, noninsulated raingear, I use other layers for insulation. I have not had them out in a weeklong driving rain, but have had the normal hunting rains and they have not let me down. They are quiet too, another important feature.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom