What scope for a muzzleloader?

AZDirtNap

What scope for a muzzleloader?

I have a TC pro hunter 50 cal. Please help me pick a scope. I am looking at the leupold and the nikon. Any others you would recommend? Has anyone put a Huskemaw, leupold mark 4, or vortex viper?

thx

RE: What scope for a muzzleloader?

351509_muzzy_bull_01.jpg

leupold ultimate slam muzzy scope is the way to go.

I am not brand loyal. I have a Kahles on my Omega, Burris on my Knight .50, a Nikon on my Knight .45, and Redfield on my Rem 700ML .50, and a Nikon on my Savage 10 ML .50. I do like the Vortex Vipers. I have one on my Rem 40x long range .22 lr and I just ordered a Viper PST for my 338 Lapua. Great scopes for the money and the warranty is as good as Leupys.

I have the Nikon Omega muzzy scope on my Thompson Triumph, awesome scope, you have to shoot at different ranges to see where the bullets acutally land on the multiple circles the scope has, but once you work a load you like, find which circle to hold, you have a great setup, I have mine sighted in at 150 and with circles I have holdovers out to 300 yards. Glass could be clearer on leupold, I don't know, but for a muzzy the extra circles/recticles makes life a lot easier on longer shots, kinda hard to figure where to holdover without em when its dropping 6 feet!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom