what scope?

cbryant11

i got a 30-378 and my little bro got a remington 300 ultra mag,, la, i was thinking about going with leupold vx2 6-18x40 or a zeiss 4.5-14x 40 the ziess cost almost twice as much,,, he doesnt want to spend that much and wants a nikon buckmaster 6-18x40 evan though i want to talk him out of it,,, what would youre guys suggestion be ,,, maybe evan one we are not thinking about,,,thank cbryant

Go with the fixed eye relief and laser etched reticle of the Conquest. My .02.

Nothing wrong at all with the Nikon Buckmaster either, if you or your Bro are on a budget.
That BM will hold up to the recoil of the .300 UM too. Mine did.
:)

The Nikon Monarch and the Leupold vx2 are about the same
clarity wise, etc. The nikon is usually a little cheaper.
jdb

On your 30-378, go with a VXIII or the Zeiss Conquest. I'd try to talk your bro into stepping up to at least a VXII.

well my bro got the vx2 in a 4-12x40 so hopefully that will be good iam still looking my friend said he has seen a scope called the sniper sight or something like that iam going to look in to,,,,cbryant

I have a VX-2 on my .300 Ultra. For the last three plus years it has worked well. I have hunted in the hot dust, and the cold sleet. What do you expect from Leupold? Jim Shockey abuses the HELL out of his. Look at what custom rifle makers mount on their product more than any other. Get a Leupold and forget it. mtmuley

Burris has been good to me. A full field 3-9X40 matte on my .300 WSM has functioned flawlessly since 2001. They are bright and tough.

Nikon's have very good glass. but I'd highly reccomend a Bushnell Elite 3200 or 4200 in either the 3-10 or 4-16 range. The glass is better then the Leupold VX3 plus the Raingard actually works very well.

Can't go wrong if you go with the Leupold VXIII if you can afford it. I think its quite a bit better than the VXII.

I have a Burris Signature Select with the Ballistic Plex reticle that is AWESOME!!!! Mine is a 3-10x40. Great optics and I love the Ballistic Plex Reticle. Compares to the Zeiss Conquest in my opinion andI think it is a big step up from the Leupold VXII but haven't compared it to a VXIII. I would assume they are very similar in quality. My experience with Burris scopes has been good. Good value, good optics and very well built.

FH

Can't beat the clarity on the 4.5-14x44 zeiss conquest. My next choice would be a leupold vx3, but I've compared the two and the zeiss wins hands down...My $.02

i have the vx-2 3x9x40 on mine and it works great, shot many deer at first light at ranges from 500-700 yards, so it brings in good light if thats wat ur looking for

i have a 3-9x50 zeiss on my 7mag, leupolds on my 270wsm, 270 and 30-06 and 7RUM. the zeiss is an awesome scope they cost an arm and a leg though! i wanted a 4.5-14x44 zeiss but they are hella expensive but they are damn nice glass!
Casey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom