What Sitka?

JeremyKS

I think I would like to try the Sitka gear out. Im looking for pants and a jacket that would be good for cold rainy or snowy weather. I usually don't hunt in a ton of that weather but it seems Im never warm when I do. The majority of my hunting is spot and stalk hunting in dry, windy & 20-40 degree weather. I would like to know which Sitka pant and jacket would be best for what Im looking for?

Jeremy Gugelmeyer
www.sagebrushhunts.com

I just used Sitka for the first time on my recent float hunt in Alaska. I used the Ascent pants, Core Zip T, Traverse Zip T, and Traverse bottoms. The Ascent pants were great with the traverse bottoms on the few cool mornings we had (down into the low 30s or high 20s). I liked the Traverse top better than the Core top. It kept me a bit warmer and blocked the wind better. I also used the 90% jacket and it worked great as we were floating and the cool wind started blowing. I had the 90% pants and the Celsius jacket, but it was never cold enough to break those out. I liked the fact that the pants/shirt dried quickly if I got wet. Obviously, they are not made for rain, but they do shed water somewhat. When it started raining, I would break out my Helly Hansen Impertechs. I couldn't bring myself to pay for the Sitka raingear.

You may want to get hold of Wade Nelson. His handle on MM is HardcoreOutdoor, or visit his site www.hardcoreoutdoor.com He has a ton of reviews and has given his reviews/thoughts of the Sitka gear on here many times.

It seems like folks either love Sitka or hate it.

Good luck.

Dry, windy and cold weather?

Traverse shirt, Celcius Vest, and Jetstream jacket up top. Traverse bottoms and 90% pants down low.

Add moisture and you will want a set of rain gear like the Stormfront light on top.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom