What to do...

F

Flatlandr

after my Wyoming Antelope hunt is done? I will be hunting in the vicintiy of Kemmerer and eventually will have to head back east to Indiana :( . Being optimistic here but if everything goes smooth I should have a couple of days to kill and would like some ideas of things to do. I would like to try and keep it hunting / wildlife / outdoor related. I have been told I should be able to take video & photos of Moose, Elk & Deer in my hunting area.
I thought about a trip up thru Jackson & Yellowstone as I have never had that priviledge yet.
Video / photos of Bighorn Sheep would be cool too.
Will be driving I80 all the way out thru WY but not committed to return that route.

Any ideas??

go to cody and see the buffalo bill museum. there is alot of really cool guns there along with some great american history. pluse you could go up over the st.joesph senic byway through sunlight basinand the to jellystone. some wonderfull country there. but i dont know how long you have so you'll just have to see.

moseley middleton

The Register of the West is cool if you are into that stuff or a Mason and it doesn't take lots of time. You can then swing up into Casper, go through Rocky Mountain Discount Sports, hit 26 and take it back to Cheyenne where you can get on 80 back home. I would tell you there are lots of antelope along the way but then that is like looking at geese back here after a while. Unless there is one that is exceptional in the herd.

geez, with all that public land, I'd have to try to wear out a varmint call on the way home.

pm me for some varmint info out there if your interested.

If your in late oct, I'll even buy the furs from you on your way through the Husker state.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-08 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]YukonDall - Definitely think I want to try Yellowstone. Just got to figure where to stay or camp as we cannot stay overnight in the park with our game in the coolers. I have got to believe that one day in Yellowstone is not enough.

Willy_P, I have no idea what Register of the West or Mason are, can you give me some more details? Is this something I can Google & learn about?

SHB, PM sent!

Thanks guys and please keep the ideas coming!

If your into fly fishing ? Run up to the Greys river, Labarge Creek or Smiths fork, they all offer some great fishing ! The Hams fork isn't to bad and its North of Kemmerer.

B4B, my thoughts exactly. You can get in some incredible flyfishing up that way. Just pick a squiggly blue line on the map!

The register of the west or inscription rock is a rock sticking up out of a fairly flat area along the Platte and the wagon train trails that ran along it. The rock was described in old texts as looking like a great beached whale. Folks headed West carved their names and dates in it. You needed to be there by the fourth of July or you were going to possible die due to the winter weather before you made it to the West Coast. Remember " Donner, party of 15 , 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 " get the idea? The rock was also the site of the first known Masonic Meeting in WY on July 4, 1862. You can still see wagon tracks cut into the ground from the wagon trains that went through there in the 1860's! It all sits just north of where I deer hunt when I can get a tag. You can still see wagon roads up a shortcut pass and graves in the area I hunt.

Willy_P, Thanks for the details, sounds neat, I will look into that.

Bucks4brains / ForkWest - Fly fishing, man I haven't done any of that in years. Still have my fly rod. What kinda fish are in these creeks? Different types of trout I am guessing? Can they be caught by means of a spinning rod too?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom