what track is this?

264Magnum

i saw this on the way to my stand this morning. i can't identify it so i'm hoping someone here will be able to.
46006833925_3300_1.jpg

Krusty.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-04 AT 12:16PM (MST)[p]That is the biggest damn Racoon track I've ever seen... holy hell!

EDIT: Are all of the tracks 3 toed or more? It looked to me initially like there were 3 deep indentations with 2 more slight ones hence thinking racoon... but if its 3 toed it has to be a bird of some kind. We've got tons of wild turkeys on some property and I doubt this track came from one.

-DallanC

initially i thought it was an armadillo or a 'possum. there's no difference in front and rear tracks so i don't think it's a possum. but like rost pointed out, there's no armadillo tail drag mark. we had a heavy rain this morning so it could've washed the tail mark away, i guess. that track is 6 inches long, i can't imagine an armadillo getting that big.

i didn't even think to count the toes, but i know it was either 4 or 5.

Krusty.jpg

Its the Spreckeled throated burroughing Yak. Watch out for mounds in the dirt, that is where it sleeps during the day and they get abnormally aggressive if woken up. Muledeernut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom