what UTV????

msolocam

looking to buy one and wondering what i should be looking for? gonna have to be used, probably like $12000. it will be used in AZ and on all those crappy roads. not too worried about weight hauling but more for chewing up those roads! will probably a min of 150 days scouting out of it. so which ones have the best mpg? most durable? rzr? ranger? rhino??

appreciate the help

You're worried about Fuel Mileage in a UTV?

Well!

Mileage SUCKS on all of them!

I'd definitely get one that has a TITANIUM Piston!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Depends on what is important to you. Bed or sporty? Bench or bucket seats? I bought a brand new Polaris Ranger midsize 800 with a winch, roof and half windshied for $12000 out the door. I wanted the bed to haul animals and bench seat for my 2 boys.

Pretty much what bragabit said, all depends what you want or looking for. the seats, bed, etc.

I have a yamaha rhino because i wanted something with a decent bed. the rhino was what I personally preferred. i have not been easy on it at all since I bought it 2 years ago and it works perfect and goes where ever i take it

the yamaha rhino is a 700 while the polaris are 800's and 900's i think. I found the 700 to be more then enough for me because i don't use it to haul a$$, pedal to the metal.

But with 12k you can easily buy new and not worry about used

Goat

You also need to think about width. Do you hunt in a area where there are 50" trails. If that is the case, they only utv is a razor.

Buy yourself a jeep or something of the same. You get a windshield, radio, heater,room to store stuff, plus no dust. Cost is from $1,500. -$3,000. The UTVS Start at $8k. Just a thought.

Let me be a bit more specific, it will be used for summer and fall scouting. All it's gonna need to haul is a bedroll, small cooler, pack and my dog. I have a sidekick that I use for actual hunting. Just looking for something that will keep a few miles off the sidekick. So getting from A to B in a timely fashion is important, don't need to haul a lot of weight, needs to fit in the back of my truck (8ft Bradford flatbed). Will be used a lot so if one is easier on fuel than another it would be nice to know.

Thanks for the replies

I dont own a UTV but I would look hard at the arctic cats, eapecially if you do want a 50" UTV. The new wildcat trail seems to be really well liked by all I have talked with who has any experience woth them. Its a 700 but pits out more HP than the 800 RZR. Let us know what you decide.

I have a side by side I will sell ya for 2 grand. It's a cj5 with soft top and bikini top. I will even include the tow bar so you can pull it behind your tracker (no trailer needed). I has the 258 straight 6 and I bet it gets better gas mileage than most side by sides;)

LAST EDITED ON May-19-14 AT 04:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-19-14 AT 04:55?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON May-19-14 AT 04:51?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON May-19-14 AT 04:50?PM (MST)

I picked the RZR 570

Do your own research.

You will see it has almost the same power as the 800 rzr

It's 100lb less weight.

1) $1400 cheaper then an 800 rzr
2) 100lbs less weight
3) Gas mileage. 2 days on a tank of gas.(rzr 800, refueling at 1/2 day ride)

Here is a pic of mine.

Rob

20131117_113218_resized_1_zps03ae56ad.jpg

20131117_113207_resized_1_zps9abcd36e.jpg

20131117_113124_resized_1_zps28dbc194.jpg

20131117_113036_resized_1_zps618a043a.jpg

20131117_112954_resized_1_zps2e763f89.jpg

20131117_112817_resized_1_zps7866f54f.jpg

20131117_112702_resized_1_zpsd2911fae.jpg

20131117_112639_resized_1_zps1e75ac14.jpg

20131117_112534_resized_1_zps58684e25.jpg

What's with the Lights on the front Bumper aiming up & sideways?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Hey saw you posting on mileage.
The main reason I bought the rzr 570 was because of the great fuel economy.
I have HID headlights, and then the LED aiming off to the sides, as so I can "hopefully" see a deer about to jump out in front of me when Im doing 40MPH in the dark.//LMAO, Those dam stupid critters....

Rob

Uh Huh!

I was wondering what to do myself a while back. I wanted a jeep to tow to be out of the elements and have some more comforts but I ended up with a side by side. My reasoning was I can use the side by side every day on the farm checking the fields to justify its use. I ended up getting a Honda Pioneer 2 seater. It is real nice and you should look at the Honda also.

LAST EDITED ON May-19-14 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]I don't really have a Bite in this!

But if I was to buy a Machine/UTV to Tear Mother Earth to Pieces this would probably be it!

This is One Bad-Ass UTV!

1221showstopper.jpg

That's one bad rig snowman!!!! So with you and the weight that you're hauling ya still get good mileage and can cruise around pretty quick?? That's the rig I've been leaning toward. Sure appreciate the help and pics

And for everyone saying for me to get a jeep....I have a Suzuki sidekick.

Snowman22250,

That's one tricked out RZR! As a RZR 800 owner I don't know if I agree with this statement;

"Gas mileage. 2 days on a tank of gas.(rzr 800, refueling at 1/2 day ride)"

I had a 2008 RZR 800 and used to be able to get 80 miles on a tank which would last me all day. My new 2014 RZR 800 is getting significantly better mileage 2 plus days of off and on riding. Not sure on what I am getting on a tank yet but some owners are saying 120+ miles. I know they made modifications to the motor which resulted in better gas mieage...

Horniac

I might be bending it a little bit.
While the 800 is almost out of gas at the end of the day, the 570cc single cylinder has only used 2-3 bars on the fuel gauge.
The 570 gets almost 2X better fuel economy.

Next,
Once you start weighing the thing down, you will notice the power loss.
Im alway in full throttle, which only time will tell on working the motor hard, However, it still can achieve a 40 mph cuising speed fully loaded.

A turbo is in the works from MTX Cedar City UT. It will gain 80 % HP, on a low boost. Cost around $3500. Might be a cool investment for the guy that needs fuel economy, and lots of power.

For hunting, and cruising the Mountains, you really don't need a bigger UTV, nor turbo.

Snowman

I'm a big fan of the Kubota RTV's diesel. We use them in the vineyard and they are a serious piece of equipment. Not super fast (30 mph tops) but great mileage and great power.

Glad a couple guys have posted regarding buying a jeep instead of a UTV... Don't see why anyone would drop that kind of dough on a vehicle you can't even drive on the road... Another Utah status symbol trend.

I'd get a jeep if it was me. $12,000 buys you a lot of jeep. And if you get an older jeep (cheaper), it might not even be as wide as the UTVs...

:) :) :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON May-20-14 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-20-14 AT 05:12?PM (MST)

Ah well they are street legal. One of the most versital machine we own.
9841image.jpg
We put tracks on it and run it in the winter with the snowmobiles. Not many jeeps doing that. Run tires for trails and off road. Use it as a grocery getter during the week. I went threw the drive up window last week at the bank.
1544image.jpg
6308image.jpg

Thanks again snowman, really good info. Sure leaning toward that 570!! And again that is a tricked out rig, would sure love to know what happens with a turbo.

And once again, I've got a Suzuki sidekick that I do most of my guiding out of and I agree it's nice to have the AC and heat. But I need something to really eat those road up!

Oh and snowman, nice ride ! I have a friend that has a 570. It stayed neck and neck with my old 800. Plus 50 " will make it on any four wheeler trail. My 700 sportsman with big horns on it. Almost doesn't make it threw those 50" gates. The new 1000 is like driving a trophy truck. It smooths out every bump in the trail.

I have a 800 RZR and constantly get 23 to 24 miles per gal on dirt trails,unless they get really rough. What I hear the 570's are a good machine, but the one we went with didn't beat my mileage.

The only thing I say to you jeep lovers - "have a good strong back".

heres a question, how does the ride of a 570 compare with the 4 seater 1000? a friend has the 1000 and like BIG said, its an awesome ride. just wondering how the 570 compares

thanks

Hey BIGJOHN?

They'll have a 6 Seater out next year!:D

Probably have 1200 cc's by next year also!:D

>heres a question, how does the
>ride of a 570 compare
>with the 4 seater 1000?
> a friend has the
>1000 and like BIG said,
>its an awesome ride.
>just wondering how the 570
>compares
>
>thanks

There is really no comparison. I think the 570 has 7 or 8 inches of travel. The 1000 4 with its longer wheel base and 17 to 18 inches of travel. You will see a big rut in the road and go oh crap. It's goes over it and you don't even feel the rut. But then again, hit a 50" trail and the 1000 has to go around. It tops out right at 80 mph. I have a jeep to. It doesn't ride as nice as the razor. My jeep has a TPI 350 chevy motor out of a iroc. Dana 60 rear, dana 44 front Detroit lockers and is sprung over. The 1000 has a bigger fuel tank and with trail riding it goes about 120 miles on a tank. As far as a hunting rig goes Snowman has his set up as good as I have seen.

If you google Honda pioneer 500 you will see honda is coming out with a 50" side by side. The msrp is about 8500 if I remember correctly. Just another one to check out.

I just purchased a Kawasaki teryx4. It's a great little machine for gettin around the hills. Great suspension , nice ride. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom