What was wrong with the Hyde Park Buck?

Alright guys I have two questions and I want yall to answer them. Because this is going to end this silly debate.

1. What is the purpose of breeding?

2. What is the purpose of timing the rut?

>I think they do, as well
>as buck to doe ratios.
>Fewer bucks, fewer does get
>covered their first heat cycle
>causing a "second","third", and even
>a "fourth rut".

Sitting at 3:1 [b:d], when they cycle they're getting covered. The yearling does and middle aged ones that lost fawns are generally in top shape and getting dogged earlier than the ones that got pulled down from twins or the yearlings with singles. The post mature does will prolong it as well just like the fawns. Had one at the house that had a single fawn last year after a 3 year break from drought taking its toll on her in a year she had twins; she dominoed in early Nov. It's how you can concentrate hunting efforts as well after the peak of the rut has long passed, find the does with their nubbins still in tow and keep concentrating on them. Trend holds true for the wild ones we hunt and the tame ones you can hand feed that we don't hunt. (Only ones we don't hunt are at a natural 1:1 on resident deer).

>Alright guys I have two questions
>and I want yall to
>answer them. Because this
>is going to end this
>silly debate.
>
>1. What is the purpose
>of breeding?
>
>2. What is the purpose
>of timing the rut?

Answer your questions yourself first. The only way it will end "this silly argument" is if they agree with you.

So do us a favor and go first, professor.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

WHat are you scared of NVB? WHy be such a chicken? These are the two easiest little questions on this whole thread, they will solve the issue and neither you or TXhunter will answer them.

I'm not even in this argument. I would need to have lunch with somebody to even formulate an opinion.

You first professor. Educate us.

NVB,

You mean you picked a side on this argument but didn't even know anything about it????? I have a hard time believing you are that dumb.

>>I think they do, as well
>>as buck to doe ratios.
>>Fewer bucks, fewer does get
>>covered their first heat cycle
>>causing a "second","third", and even
>>a "fourth rut".
>
>
>Sitting at 3:1 [b:d], when they
>cycle they're getting covered. The
>yearling does and middle aged
>ones that lost fawns are
>generally in top shape and
>getting dogged earlier than the
>ones that got pulled down
>from twins or the yearlings
>with singles. The post mature
>does will prolong it as
>well just like the fawns.
>Had one at the house
>that had a single fawn
>last year after a 3
>year break from drought taking
>its toll on her in
>a year she had twins;
>she dominoed in early Nov.
>It's how you can concentrate
>hunting efforts as well after
>the peak of the rut
>has long passed, find the
>does with their nubbins still
>in tow and keep concentrating
>on them. Trend holds true
>for the wild ones we
>hunt and the tame ones
>you can hand feed that
>we don't hunt. (Only ones
>we don't hunt are at
>a natural 1:1 on resident
>deer).

Well said, I agree

>NVB,
>
>You mean you picked a side
>on this argument but didn't
>even know anything about it?????
> I have a hard
>time believing you are that
>dumb.

Picking a side and advancing an opinion about what controls rut timing are two different things. The point of the post I put a +1 on was that YOU have given nothing but YOUR opinion on this argument. You've been asked for science but you dont give any. As usual you present the "I am right and you are wrong" argument. So answer your own questions. I dont need to nor am I going to. Present the science behind your argument if you want me to believe you. At least DW has given some magazine articles. You havent even done that.

I'm just tickled you care enough to go back and read my posts. Knowing I wasted a bit of your day made mine.

Now who's infatuated with whom?

Present your science please.

I don't have to go back. I have this new thing that's called a "memory". They don't sell them at Walmart but with a little luck you can get one. Now how about you quit dodging the questions and answer them.

Well not to act like a 10 year old (as you do) but, YOU were asked for science FIRST.

Stop dodging.

Actually I asked TXhunter a question FIRST that he wouldn't answer. SO yes you are dodging. Keep working on that memory, NVB.

Don't you have a classmates birthday party to go to?

I Think NVB & Tri's gonna need a Room!

Tri is about to Mount NVB & No I don't need Pics!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

>Sounds like u have a bit
>of a sanctuary txpackmule, an
>area u won't hunt?

They're just too tame on that place. It's a working cattle ranch so they're used to seeing people daily and feed going out. You don't have to hunt them, they'll come hunt you. The bucks aren't quite that bad, but they'll come out and keep about a 100yd buffer, except when they're actually locked down with a doe. They'll follow the doe right up to you and just be antsy. They'll run 10-20yds and see the doe isn't following, then come right back and see if it works the next time.

I prefer hunting another place that acts as a bachelor pad. The deer are as wild as they get from a ton of surrounding hunting pressure and we keep activity limited for the most part. Hunting particular bucks that I may never see in person tends to be the challenge that I get the most enjoyment from. I win some, some die before our schedules match up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom