What was yor first vehicle?

PaleHorse

What was your first vehicle and do you still have it????

My first truck is a 1971 ford f-250 camper special. It was a 4 on the floor with a 390 and 2wd. It was a fun old truck to drive! I still own it and it still runs!

My wife's first car was is a 1993 ford bronco. She still owns it and I still drive it daily!

7590donkey.jpg

7523donkey2.jpg

Here is Eels. Kilo was with him on the maiden voyage. Historically speaking, it was also the first time someone called 'shotgun' without specifically referring to the shotgun position on a stagecoach.

1662car.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Here is Overton's. As you can see, he no longer has it...it clashed with the surroundings of the high rent district of that particular driveway and the board made him get rid of it. Now he just borrows Eels when he needs a car.

5824amc_pacer.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1958 Bel Air with a 348 and three deuces. Nope, dunno where it is, probably on the eastern NM plains.

I bought a 1956 Plymouth for $135 when I was 16. I then bought a 1969 Dodge Charger in 1972....my girlfreind, now wife liked the charger much better.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-12 AT 07:04AM (MST)[p]Almost the same as palehorse. 1969 ford truck f-150 2wd, 390 4 speed. Truck hauled a$$

Mine looked just about like this only 4wd. It was a pig but a good truck. Kinda miss it now. It was also from a time when a truck was a truck and not a gadget full of frills of every kind. No a/c, no power locks, plastic seats, simple am/fm radio, and the under the dash vents you could open up to get the wind moving through the cab. Even smelled like a truck should smell. Another thing I miss is the wing windows. Three speed manual with a granny. Gutless with the little V8 and high gears but did what it needed to. My dad had an older 70's ish IH truck I wish I'd of kept too.

9540dodge.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-12 AT 09:20AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-12 AT 09:19?AM (MST)

Roy and I drove a 1974 Buick Electra 225 that we called "The Tank". LOVED that car. I even wrote a paper about it in college. Dang we miss it. Someone used it in a demolition derby after we left it behind. Wish we'd taken pics of us with it.

Here is one just like it. Ours was a mustardy, baby poop color tho...
7238tank.jpg

1973 Pinto runabaout...It was the bomb!!! literally!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

1972 El Camino. Looked just like this one only it had the white chevelle hood stripes. "man that thing hauled ass". And lots of it.

26b.jpg

Mine was a 1971 GMC Jimmy. I was 15 when I bought it and the first thing I did was drop in a 450 hp 454 big block. By the time I turned 17 that truck had been completely rebuilt. Who knew the stock half ton stuff wouldn't hold up to that power? It ended with 1 ton Dana 60's front and rear and a TH400 Trans. The only part I never broke was the 205 transfer case.

Looked alot like this one.
651671chevyblazer.jpg

1963 Opel Kadett painted it Camo with a paint brush and put a duck decoy on the hood. It was a chick magnet when all the rich kids were driving Trans Ams, and Nova's their dads bought them.

My first car was a 4 year old 68 Chevelle Malibu.

The first truck i owned was a near new baby blue shortbed 76 Chevy 4X4 fleetside with full skid shields, duel tanks, and a bit of a attitude. That truck hauled me over 400,000 miles and i can't remember ever where it broke in the backwoods or hunting trip and left me stranded. I finally retired that rig in 92' after a three State muley hunt only to have a buddy successfully beg me to sell it to him for $800.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Same as NMBighorn!

67 Bronco and I would still have it if some duckweed in a semi hadn't run me off of the highway in it. I WILL HAVE ANOTHER EARLY BRONCO SOMEDAY SOON!!!!

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

First car was a hand me down 56 chevy 210 (post) my grandpa bought it new then handed it down to my dad, my dad then handed down to me..

First truck was a 69 chevy 3/4 ton camper special 2wd.. I took that thing everywhere..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

This is a 1954 Ford Crestline 2-dr Sedan and my first one was a 1953.....which was almost identical just a few changes between the two models. Still looking for one that is NOT OF THE WORLD IN COST.

988066658-500-0.jpg

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

1st car was a 1956 Chevy 210. A hand me down, at 4yers old it had less than 10,000 miles. great car.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Projp, that had to hurt a bit!

I have been looking (not too seriously) for one but I will be in the fixer upper market, not anywhere near able to justify what a nice one like those would set me back.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

1952 Chev short bed pickup. Best thing about it was if I was going on a date you just opened the doors & hosed the whole thing out. Thing that's scary is it wasn't that old when my dad gave it to me for my 16th birthday.

Jenn... I had a 1974 Buick LeSaber that looked a lot like yours. That thing was so long it took a block to make a right turn.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

They all START as fixer uppers and go down hill from there.
All I intended on doing with the crawler was to change out the the original carpet, the next thing I knew I was into dana 60's and 40" stickys. Its so hard to say STOP.

I thought my first Truck was perty Bad!

After building an Engine up for it,I could break em at 35 MPH!

Thought it was perty Bad & it was at the time,I could easily out run the local Sheriff!:D

Now I look back & think it was only Half Bad comparing TORQUE numbers of a Good running Diesel of today!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

1951 Willy's Overland.

.....No, I didn't buy it new. Army war surplus. It came from Ft Lewis, Wa after the Korean war.

My Dad bought it and a "Deuce and a half" at a sale for $450 in about 1959.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

1971 international scout II it had a 4 speed trans with a 345 v8 I wish I still had it it was my grandfathers and that thing was bullet proof

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-12 AT 05:53AM (MST)[p]1911,
Thats some funny shiz right there! Yup we sold the bronco. Putting it up for sale is what made me think of this topic. My poor wife is in the depths of depression now. She loved that old bronco!

1980 Bronco. It was a cummunications contractor's truck and was at Kennecott most of the time. The truck was light gray and completely rusted out. We put a lot of time and money into it and it was a fun truck! This picture was taken in about 1996 not long before I sold it.

6344bonco1.jpg

A 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 383 magnum. Dark green with black hood stripes and hood pins. Sure wish I had that car back.

GBA

72 chev pickup, that truck ran like a raped ape. I still miss it.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

1939 Pickup for $150 it was a rust bucket but i was 13 yrs old and I used to drive to a neigbhor to milk cows every morning and evening, it was a jewel of a truck rusted out floor boards with a piece of plywood on the floor so your feet wouldn't touch the ground, I brought in 1970 I believe was the year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom