WHAT WILL BE THE COUNT?

cabuck

Since this is a hunting website and we all are fixated with numbers, let's start a contest. Who can predict the final vote count for Senate and U.S. Reps. 37 Senators are up for election and 435 House Reps. The object is to figure how many additional seats the Dems. or GOP will pick-up per house chamber. You can change your posts all you want until Nov 2, election day. You don't have to predict actual races just the overall difference in seats. Should be fun, I'll start

Senate + 5 GOP

U.S. House + 28 GOP

I reserve the right to change these at a later date

Cabuck

who really cares? myself, Im worried about drawing a big game tag for the fall. Actually, I doubt the GOP will become the majority in anything, a quick trip down memory lane should remind people what their policys will do to the country.

You may be a bit low on your house seats. due to Stupack taking a bow out on re-election, I think more Dems will follow his course of action to avoid being soundly defeated at election time.

They will take their big fat retirement checks for several years of work along with their "self giving" health care plan and screw Piper's chances of a free ride. That is the reason he does not care. He voted for liberals that sold his butt down the sewer far worse then the right has ever done and he hasn't the brass ones to admit it.

House-27-30 seats for GOP pickup

Senate-7 seats for GOP

President-1 seat for GOP in 2012

RELH

I don't know much about the numbers. I will defer to RELH who seems to keep up with that sort of thing.

The sign on my lawn will read "ANYBODY BUT MIKE THOMPSON".

He is my representative and he's been licking Obama ever since Obama was elected. I wrote him a letter and told him so too.

eelgrass,

I here yeah, the GOP as well as Dem. incumbents will be looking for the door come Nov. The people are not happy with Government and unfortunately for Dems. they are now in charge.
Make sure everyone you know votes in Nov.

Cabuck

Yes there is going to be some GOP members that will get the axe by the voters. Any incumbent GOP member better have a good voting record or he/she may be replaced by a new face.

Only problem for the Dems, about everyone has crap for a voting record that will not set with the voters and for every GOP member losing, there will be 2-3 Dems losing at the polls.

Most, not all, GOP members have a good shot of getting in line with the tea party issues in order to save their job, I can not really think of any Dem that has a good shot of going right. About the only Dems that will save their job with ease, will be the ones coming from a very liberal voter base that will continue to back them.

RELH

RELH;

These are my thoughts-

I think any canidate who only aligns themselves with any particular
group just to get elected, is wrong as hell.

I also think any canidate who votes the party line, only, because of fear of loosing their job, is exactly what is wrong
with the people we have representing us in Washington today.

I think we want canidates who will vote to represent the people who voted for them, and stand by the principals we used to decide to make them our canidate.

RELH, I have no hidden agenda, unless my crazy support for our fighting troops and their treatment, or lack there of, and thats not hidden, I've said and preached that from day one.

Steve Cheuvront

Steve I have the utmost respect for any American that supports our troops and wants the best for them.

I was in the Army from June 65-June 68 and knew many fellow G.I.s that were spit on at airports. Lucky for me it did not happen to me. Otherwise instead of being a cop later, I would have been doing time for murder or mayhem on that S.O.B.

RELH

Man I hope so, get the GOP back in charge of the hill and this economy the wars and the national debt are on the fast track to happy land !!! of course if that doesn't happen the dems will take back control in 2012 with another throw the bums out campagn.

I don't see the happy land scenario playing out, I see sharp division and tough times for years to come in this country and I don't think who's elected will change a thing. when people expect more than they get it leads to disappointment, when the demand more it leads to chaos. this is not the 50's and we're not the greatest generation, it's going to be interesting watching idiots think we can go back to those days and that life. Obama promised change, the republicans want change and the teabaggers demand it, and nobody has the ability to deliver it . I don't think any politian can survive telling the people they are going to have to lower their standard of living, and it's for damn sure they can't survive if they don't provide at least an equal one. this might be a negative view of the future, but it's realistic.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-10 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]Dude I do not care to listen to Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh due to both being such doom and gloom idiots, and you are now beginning to sound just like them.

For many years the citizens were not interested enough in their goverment to really get involved enough to watch out for who they voted for. Many just voted party line ane here we are today looking at a dim future due to poor or greedy decisions by those politicians we voted for. Others voted for the politician who promised them the moon.

I am hoping that most citizens are seeing a wakeup call and to me the tea party is that result of that wakeup call. I still have hope that there will be a turn around and those greedy and poor decision making politicians will get their wakeup call when they see themselfs and other members being voted out of office. This goes for both parties.

Time will tell which one of us is right and we better hope I am the one that is right or we may face a outright revolt in this country.

As for the greatest generation, I think too many of them got killed off in the war fighting for their country and their beliefs, and we got left with too many of the rejects that later went into politics.

RELH

Hard to argue with you on any of your points. I will only add more along the lines of RELH that I am still going to keep trying to change the behavior now in our system. The reality of the system now is pretty bleak, so I only choose to believe that it can only get better.

To be honest an major disaster in my opinion is the only thing that will pull this nation back together. post 9/11 this was the most unified this country has been in many years, now we're back to waging war on each other as rome burns.

I try to look at things from the brighter side but in reality I think our best days have passed for this country because as the standard of living for China and similar nations increases it comes at our expense. I guess it's all OK we were head hog at the trough for many years now we have to share, but it's going to be hard to adjust to for those of us who saw the good ol days.

It's not hopeless, but I will bet it's going to be a tougher row to hoe from here on out than we would like.

News tonight had a blurp on how many Democrat seats in congress might be at high risk of being lost by the Democrats.

It said that 37 seats in the house has a very good chance of being lost and 8-10 seats in the Senate may also be lost.

May be very interesting in the next few months.

RELH

If pigs had wings they could fly.

There is a high probability the anti incumbent fever will pick off more dems than republicans in part because theyre are more of them. another interesting point is what will it change? it's hard to tell who's in control anymore .

They'll have 2 years to dazzle us with a great economy and a reduced debt or we'll see another anti incumbent movement in 2012. when everyone is a loser it's hard to find a winner.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom