What would this bull reach on the tape?

huntnmulies

9970good_bull.jpg

Can't see everything. Looks like a extra or two. I'm not great on elk, but would guess around the 330 mark.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-13 AT 09:04AM (MST)[p]>Those swords are awesome!

***If you like swords, take a look at the 4ths on this 6x7 bull a friend took two years ago where we hunt in Wyoming.

29442011_trip_085.jpg

I would put him in the 350s as he sits in the picture, but it looks like he will put on some more inches. I judged him as a 5x6 and gave him 40 inches for spread, but you can't see him from that angle so things could be way different than they seem.

I still think he is a solid bull that will go at least 350. That huge devil tine is awesome! Cool bull, thanks for sharing!

If those pics were really taken the end of June, that bull could put on another 30 - 50" before he's done.

He could be a true giant. Already a 350+ shooter. In June no less !!!

Cheers,
Pete

The big bulls are tpicaly done with antler growth mid July.

I can see were that bull MIGHT put another 15" on.....

BUT 30"-50"????????????????? NO freak'in way.JMHO.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

If the picture is close to June 20th and he quits growing around the 20th of July.
12(6x6) points 2"-3" more growth a point, if he does 3" he puts on 36"
If he does 2" per point he at 24" more so he could make it into the high 20's low 30's in added inches. IMHO
Add in the small amount of added mass, he could jump up there.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I get a good chuckle out of most of these type of threads. Seems like every bull posted is "A 350 BULL"!

I think that not enough people have ever actually seen a real, live 350" bull, but have seen plenty of purported 350" bulls in magazines and online.

In truth, a 350" bull is a very uncommon bull, and damned few elk hunters will ever see one, let alone shoot one.

335, maybe 340. Has great fronts but everything else is ok to qualify for a monster bull. Points are close together, so his main beams are shorter than average for a big bull, very little 5ths. He won't get close to 350.
I would shoot him where I hunt and be the happiest guy around though :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>Hey, HEY, HEY!!!!! GUYS LOOK AT
>ME I'M TOPGUN!!!! I NEED
>ATTENTION SO I POST PICS
>ON THREADS ;-) ;-)
>
>Sorry topgun, haha no ill will
>intended, its just the way
>that it came across to
>me ;-)
>

***F U---No ill will intended!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-13 AT 10:55AM (MST)[p]I'd have to agree that it's a nice bull, but not going to hit 350" class unless he grew a lot before he was done last month. I'd post a picture of an actual 357 3/8" monster a friend of mine took in Wyoming in 2010, but Berryblasterd might be offended again and think I'm trying to hog the thread!!!

I sure would like to see the numbers you guys come up with on this bull. I'm no expert, but running some numbers there is no doubt in my mind that this bull will be 350+ (after growth completion).

The first shot is a good shot of him and gives several reference points. It shows a good comparison with his head length and first tines. His beams have a good comparison with his back and length of his body.

I would be interested in seeing the numbers, and keep in mind this is in June and most bulls will growth 1/2 inch - 2 inches per day. He still had a bunch of growth on his beams and back end.

Just curious to compare numbers. I can always learn more about judging bulls.

I've had some very interesting learning experances in velvet,
and trying to score bulls in velvet ...
Watching them all summer, seeing them rubbing off,
and then harvested on LE hunts .......And actually scoring them.

NEVER FAILED, while in velvet they were over scored by everyone!

You always lose 15-20 more inches than you think u will ....

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

That bull when he is through growing could be 365. We will see how his back end finishes. I agree, not a long beam. Good points 1-4 plus add devil points, he might surprise you.

Agreed animals look bigger while in the velvet and tend to make people overestimate. But if we saw this on my brother's Wasatch muzzy hunt next month and he passed, I think we'd have to have a fist fight! That is an awesome looking bull.

Someone please kill this sucker so the question can get answered!

>Hey, HEY, HEY!!!!! GUYS LOOK AT
>ME I'M TOPGUN!!!! I NEED
>ATTENTION SO I POST PICS
>ON THREADS ;-) ;-)
>
>Sorry topgun, haha no ill will
>intended, its just the way
>that it came across to
>me ;-)
>
>
littlebeaver.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Very accurate actually!

I will see what I can do to get a more recent pic of this guy in the next week or two.

With at least 3 weeks of growth since this picture was taken I would expect him to be in the 350-360 range. hopefully time will tell and I can measure him on the ground.

G1-16 g2-16 g3-18 g4-18 g5-4 mb-48 mass-25=145"x2= 290+36(spread)=326", he might grow another 15-20", but he won't make 350" IMO. But is a great looking bull! Not many bulls are 40" on the inside spread, this one I think is under 36".

I just call em as I see em!

And we have a winner! I'm betting that hornhunter just about nails this bulls score, based on the picture. I originally came up with 325-330 in my mind, but never posted my estimate. Mass is only average, spread is only average, G5s are small, main beams are average.

He's a very nice bull and may become a 350" class bull...in another year. He'll probably finish out as a nice solid 330s class bull, maybe low 340s but probably not that big.

>G1-16 g2-16 g3-18 g4-18 g5-4 mb-48
>mass-25=145"x2= 290+36(spread)=326", he might grow
>another 15-20", but he won't
>make 350" IMO. But is
>a great looking bull! Not
>many bulls are 40" on
>the inside spread, this one
>I think is under 36".
>
>
>I just call em as I
>see em!

I think I could go for that. You didn't add in the 4-5 inches for his Devil Tines though. Let's say that puts him at 330", with a full month of growth and then some, he could easily break 350". A bull can easily grow over an inch a day in July. Sometimes I'm sure it's less and other times maybe more. I think it's safe to say that most mature bulls will put on at least 20 inches of antler in the month of July.

They start growing in May and stop in Late July to Early August. That's over 300 inches of antler to grow in about 90-100 days. You do the math.

Make sure someone posts up this bull when he hits the dirt. I really want to see his score of somewhere around 370 or so :)

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom