What would you do?

MuleySniper

Over the last couple of years, Ive had some real big blacktail bucks in my yard that I would consider real trophies, possibly ones that would make it in P&Y. I love Mule deer hunting and have always put that first, but I dont get a buck every year. These deer are not considered "pets" or "tame" by any means, so the question about it not being ethical doesnt even come into play. These deer would definitly need to be hunted like any other game animal. The only time I even see them is when I come home late, or catch a glimpse on my trail cam. Generally my dogs keep them away, but our garden and fruit trees are very tempting. If things dont work out this year hunting mule deer, next year I might consider getting a westside tag and try for one of these bucks with my bow. The next issue would be my wife. She generally looks the other way with all my hunting, but says theres no way she'd let me hunt around the house. What would you guys do? Ive always hunted the Eastside, and thats where I have all my points invested, but Mule deer hunting is getting real frustrating in Washington for me, and every year I feel I'm passing up a great opportunity to harvest a great blacktail.

WELL!!!

YOU WOULDN'T SHOOT BAMBI WOULD YA???

YOU WOULDN'T GO AGAINST THE BETTER 1/2 WOULD YA???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING YOU SHOULD JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING,EVEN eelgrass COULD SHOOT ONE IN HIS BACK YARD BUT YOU WON'T HEAR HIM DOING IT!!!

"Backyard" is a broad term. Some people have 500 plus acres that they would call their backyard or there are people that live on a lot in a development and have a chunk of grass they call their backyard. I'm referring to the surrounding areas of my property, not my physical yard. I'm surrounded by a huge tree farm and lots of public land I have access to. I hope this clears up the whole "backyard thing".

EASY DOES IT!!!

YOU'D BE HUNTING WAY TOO CLOSE TO HOME!!!

YOU WOULDN'T BE BURNING SEVERAL TANKS OF GAS!!!

YOU WOULDN'T BE HIKING UP THE MEANEST REAL ESTATE GOD MADE!!!

YOU WOULDN'T BE TAKING TIME OFF WORK!!!

YOU WOULDN'T BE 100'S OF MILES AWAY FROM HOME!!!

YOU WOULDN'T BE CHASING THE ELUSIVE NOMAD BUCK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING STAYING HOME WOULD BE WAY TOO CHEAP & EASY,IF YOUR WIFE GOT USED TO THAT YOU'D NEVER LEAVE HOME AGAIN,LOL!!!

washington only has one deer tag no eastside or westside for deer

use a bow the old lady will never know.....

I know your feeling. I also have deer in my yard, 2 1/2 acres, everyday. My youngest son made me promise not to shot them because the family enjoys watching them. Heck! we have had about 4-5 fawns born under our front deck. My sons are now away from home and married. I still will not shoot them on the property because my wife enjoys watching them also. this might be the time to put "peace in the family" over a set of horns. But one of these days I am going to pop one of the wild turkeys when they wander down the gravel driveway past my house like they own the darn property. As Chef would say, "Mighty fine tasting".

RELH

RELH!!!

WOULD YOU TAKE THE GOBBLER WITH A SINGLE SHOT???

OR AFTER THEM BIRDS TEMPTING YOU FOR YEARS WOULD YOU WANT TO USE MY RUGER???

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING???

I WOULD START FATTING UP A FEW....... THEN BLAST A BIG HOLE
IN THE BOOK BUCK!
LOL(just photo them)
rm

We do like watching all the deer. Its a two sided sword though because I know one day I'll be driving home and see one of these big bucks dead in the ditch after a car hits one of them. I'll most likely just keep hunting muleys and hope to get some good pictures of the blackies on my trail cam.

One year I got a call after work. It was my dad. It was during deer season and dad had a tag. Dad lives in the country. "Hurry up and get over here. I killed a buck in the backyard. We gotta get it cleaned up before your mother gets home!"

We barely made it! I made him swear he would never do that again. Trust me, it aint worth it!:)

Steve

If ya shoot him it is all over, blood guts and all that gross stuff. Just let me shoot that sucker. And you can help me clean him. Now that would be a hunt drive 1800 miles. Guaranteed deer. I would even let you eat him. Camp out on your back lawn. Campfire ok? Or I could just eat with you and your old lady. She dose cook right? Will I need an ATV? Or my jeep? We can hang him on your front porch!! I like it!!
Rut

Women love me!! Fish shudder at the mention of my name!!
It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

MS,
If these deer retire to huntable public land when not on your property, I'd say go for it there.
If not, buy a good camera 'an enjoy watch'n 'em.
Only dang thing that comes around my place is stinky, duck-kill'n racoons....

MS....I'm over here on the Westside also....got an archery tag.....hmmmm! :) She said she didn't want YOU to do it, she didn't say she didn't want SOMEONE else to do it right? Let me know, I'll come down and you can shoot it and just tell the wife I did. :)

Where is the fun in shooting a pet? Haahaaaa...
I know where you are coming from. We have a couple of decent bucks and a nice herd of elk around the place. My wife wants me to shoot one so that I wont have to spend the time and money hunting on the other side of the state, where I like to hunt. I tell her that it would be too much like hunting one of my steers. Where is the challenge in that? LOL!

Life is too short to be lazy or settle for mediocrity!
Eric

Shoot em! If I shot one of my steers it would cost me and the old lady alot less! And we would end up with more meat!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom