What's a fair price to pay for Unit 36 bull tag (rifle)?

Yeah...seems kinda crazy to pay that much for a tag. I know I couldn't afford it, but the demand is there. With the way the new regs have changed, thats the only way we'll be able to hunt them every year. I guess I won't be hunting every year.

16E Bull tags can go for as low as 1500.00 if the timing is right.

www.gilawildernesshunting.com

No LO Voucher is worth that. Question, how many huge bulls say 350 to 360 class get killed with those high dollar tags? It seems to me that they all kill nice bulls, but thats alot of money.

NM has great hunting and bulls through out the state. Whats you alls thoughts?

Joe E Sikora

My thoughts?

I'd like to hunt NM with a 30 day season every year, on a tag I can draw annually, and have maybe 20 other tag holders out there.

For me, it's not about Voucher Price to the size of the rack. It's a hunting vacation. I look forward to it every year. I have reached my limit though. A 7-10 day season is too short for the cost of the Voucher.

I posed a question a few years ago on MM.
I wanted a week long hunt where I would hear bugling every morning and Evening. When those Bulls bugled, know that I wouldn't have to get in a foot race with a cpl others trying to get in on them, and to know that over the course of the week, a cpl of those bugles belonged to 300 bulls. Jim Welles gave me some info and I have been to NM annually since. NM has far exceeded my expectations.
Like everything, supply and demand control the price. My ideal spot would be private property but I have yet to find a ranch that will let me hunt for 2 weeks without paying hundreds/day additional. It certainly isn't going to happen in NM.

Bob, solution to your problem. Hunt with a friend the first season or just scout, and they hunt the second season.

What happens if you shoot a 350" bull the first morning? Did you ruin your vacation?

If I shoot a 350 bull 1st day (or any day) you'll hear my screams from your house, then the video camera comes out and I'll be your Bird Dog.

I'm coming down a few days early, we have a cpl day lag between seasons.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom