what's a good fletcher

cabinfever

Very Active Member
I want to start fletching my own arrows. What is a good fletcher? I've looked at the Arizona E-Z fletcher and also the Grayling Fletching Jig and Clamp. Anyone have any experience with these fletchers? Also any advise on the art of fletching would be welcome.

cabinfever

I've used three Bitzenburger jigs for about 15 years and wouldn't trade them for any of the others. Pricy but spread that out over the years and they paid for themselves. My 2 cents. Ed F

I use the Arizona E-Z Fletch. For the price it seems to work ok. I have had a few instances of the feather separating from the arrow in the middle area. I've found that if after closing and locking the arms in place, give a good squeeze to the middle of the arms, and this seems to have eliminated the problem. This is the only fletcher that I've used, so I'm not sure how it compares to others.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-04 AT 04:49PM (MST)[p]The Bitz is definitely the best available for perfectly accurate fletching.

I always use my AZ Easy Fletch though. It is just too simple and fast. You can get a bad vane here or there if you don't put the right amount of glue, but other than keeping it clean they are near idiot proof.

If you want to try mine first, to see if it is what you are looking for, just pop me a note.

Cheers,
Pete

Cabinfever,

I have also used the Bitzenburger model for years with no problems. The Bitzenburger has helical adgustment capabilities . If you shoot alot, its a good investment. One advantage that I see that the Arizona model has is efficiency. Applying three fletchings at a time surely saves time.

Good Luck,

Mark

I'll throw a vote in for the Bitzenburger. Had one for years and really like it. Started out with a Jo-Jan. Never could get it to work right so I traded it for a dozen arrows.

Ghost Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom