What's on the camp menu???

stanley

Very Active Member
Heading-up to Central Utah for a deer hunt next weekend. Been planning for weeks (including FOOD!). ;-)

I'm responsible for two dinners during the trip (friends are bringing the others....). Dinner one is bacon wrapped doves (killed, prepared and vacum packed a few weeks ago....), wild rice, and grilled veggies. Dinner two will be dutch-oven Shepard's Pie.

Anyone else have some awesome camp dinners?

S.

:)

My favorite meal in the back country is spaghetti. I really don't know why, but I always crave it!

Pretty lame, I know. lol

My wife makes a great lasagna.....she will make little personal ones in those disposable tin foil bread pans. They are always a hit because you can just throw them on a grill over the fire......a little salad and maybe some french bread always hits the spot after hunting all day.

.......This does not take the place of a ribeye and baked potatoe over said fire :)

1+ For the ribeye and baked potato. As long as it is followed up with a peach and blackberry dutch oven cobbler!!!!!

I too like a Ribeye, but with a baked sweet potato with butter sour cream garlic salt and black pepper. I have been thinking about a thick pork chop with a muchroom, jalapeno and onion brown gravy. Maybe this weekend in the Desert I'll give it a try

Nice!!! Sitting here in the office 'working' a bit late, and suddenly I'm very hungry for a ribeye!!!

Good stuff!

S.

:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom