What's the best waders?

Gamewatcher

I have a trip planned to go to Alaska to hunt moose and I am getting my gear together. For all of you guys who have been there and done that, or anyone I guess, in your opinion what is the best set of wader/boot combo or just waders in general that I can get for this application? And maybe where I can get them. I'm just worried about being in the tundra/swampy areas where moose are for 10 days straight and having problems with durability or comfort.
Thanks for any responses you may have!

were I hunted, knee boots were more than I needed,ankle deep after raining most of the time.I was told not to bring them.

Are u talking chest waders or waist waders. If you want chest waders u have to go with the max praire wings lacrosse brand. They are max praire wings brand but made by lacrosse so they have amazing lacrosse wader boots and they are very well built. I have been using mine for the last six duck seasons. I very rarely make it two hours in the blind before I'm out jump shooting and where we hunt is thick. I have abused these waders more than enough and they prolly shouldn't have lasted this long.

I used the Cabela's tundra hip boot on a 9 day moose hunt. Highly recommend them, although I don't see them on the Cabela's website, may be discontinued? If you wear a size 13 I'll let you borrow mine.

The Kind You Can't Puncture!

And the Kind that Don't Leak!

Them are the Best!

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

Interior see above.. South East Cooper River Country..Plan on being wet. In the olden days Alaska Frontier Gear a store in Anchorage Made "Glacier socks" Wore them with plastic boots, could roll them down or up to middle of thigh depending on depth.. easy to get rid of the extra water when you went over them.. Most of the Moose I packed in my 60 days up there had belly deep to chest deep glacier water between the kill and the beach. After my first moose I left my ankle fit lacrosse hip boots at the lodge and went with the plastic mountaineering boots with the Glacier socks the rest of the season. Still have the set up. Have one day hunt here with a thigh deep crossing about a hour a in just before I shut off my head lamp. Few to no foot back hunters hunt that side of the river..I can!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom