What's the best

theox

Very Active Member
Ok so I was wondering what you guys think is the best hunting magazine for western hunters. That covers deer and elk mainly in most western states. Stuff that talks about units and tips tricks etc.

I really like my western hunter magazine. Doesn't get specific on units but lots of gear info, diet exercise tips, hunting stories etc.

Western Hunter is currently at the top of my list, but the competition is pretty slim. I mean honestly how many magazines are there that focus entirely on western big game hunting?

American Cattlemen.

They really don't have any unit specifics but they have great ideas on how to kill off an entire elk herd.

>American Cattlemen.
>
>They really don't have any unit
>specifics but they have great
>ideas on how to kill
>off an entire elk herd.
>

??

>American Cattlemen.
>
>They really don't have any unit
>specifics but they have great
>ideas on how to kill
>off an entire elk herd.
>

LOL

+1 for American Cattlemen

They have a great 4 part "How To" article going on right now on how to take over a National Wildlife Refugee and claim the land as your own. They sure are taking their sweet time getting the 4th and final part out tho.

I've been happily stuck in an Eastmans rut for a long time. Hard to beat Bulgle too.
These days I'm finding myself going the podcast route more and more. Gritty Bowman, Steven Rinnella, and Randy Newberg all have great shows.
Elk 101 has great western hunt info too.

>+1 for American Cattlemen
>
>They have a great 4 part
>"How To" article going on
>right now on how to
>take over a National Wildlife
>Refugee and claim the land
>as your own. They sure
>are taking their sweet time
>getting the 4th and final
>part out tho.

?

Mad magazine has gotta be it for me. Just too much bs in the others. I like the wholesomeness that mad brings.

But being a little more serious, there are some really bad ones out there. After reading a few hundred, I would say no review they make should be trusted. The only one I really seem to enjoy reading while on the can nowadays is Fur, Fish, and Game.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-16 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]Been getting Eastmann's for over 20 years, Idaho Game Warden magazine, only comes out twice a year, and American Hunter.

Muley Crazy for sure. This mag is all about hunting BIG Muley Bucks.Ryan Hatch is the man that probably knows more about monster mule deer than anyone.His how to articles are second to none.
The story of my 2015 Nevada Buck is in the Jan/Feb 2016 issue if anyone would like to check it out. Every issue of Muley Crazy is full of exiting story's and pictures of real life up to date hunts.
When I get started reading, it really is hard to put it down.

IMO Western Hunter and Elk Hunter Magazine are the two best magazines out there. The DVD's from their TV show are excellent also. For years I subscribed to both of the Eastman magazines and won't even buy one in the store now since they trashed Cameron Hanes without saying his name. Cameron used to work for them and has never said a negative thing about them since they parted.
Also used to subscribe to Muley Crazy and still buy it occasionally in the store. Good Magazine but I stopped my subscription because it seemed that all the stories were about those people who could afford to buy expensive tags, unlike myself. :)

M/C all the way. I love the way they balance their stories with lots of "regular" Joe nimrods that happen to be addicted to trophy mule deer hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom