whats the chances...?

muleyman

Very Active Member
Been thinking about this upcoming season and if I were to run into a non collared wolf, what are the chances someone would get caught? TBC...

muleyman

You have to first ask yourself if you can keep your mouth shut. If you were to start telling your brother, your buddy, your cousin, etc. you're going to run into some trouble, word will get out. It's something you can never brag about. I don't think I could resist could resist the temptation to tell someone so I'll never pull the trigger. It's probably the same for most of us, so its fortunate that none of us will probably ever have to worry about it. If you can keep it to youself though...

Don't kid your self. I wouldn't pull the trigger no matter what. I love to hunt too much. Go to Idaho and buy a tag, then shoot "at" as many as you want to. Work on changing the law, but don't break the law. The less than $200 NR over the counter no quota in some areas Tag is well worth it. I'm going for the collared Oregon dog that crossed the river back to Idaho. Every one shot in Idaho is one less that will come to Oregon. The Season opens this week and runs till March.

Actually you can buy a non-res wolf tag for $31.50. We can buy one for $11.50,and are allowed two tags per year,with the season lasting until march 31st. Come over Oregon and Washington,and wack-em!

There is little chance of getting caught. Like they say, do your part and go to Idaho and wound as many as possible. I think that it would be as much fun as deer and elk hunting.

In no way am I saying I would do it but my gosh, what these freaking rats are doing not only to our elk and deer herds but the ranchers are loosing more and more cattle everyday. Our family owns a ranch outside Joseph and talking with locals and our ranch hand, several have had 30+ cattle killed these past few months. And its not like the wolves are "eating" the cattle...they are killing them and only taking "bites" from them! **That last sentence was for the enviro wacko's thinking wolves kill to eat - and to balance the eco system**

WHEN (thats a BIG when) a rancher finds a kill they are to call ODFW and a state biologist will come and do their "autopsy" on the cow(s). IF they find that it was killed by a wolf the rancher can request $$$ from the state...all of about $120 per cow. Appartently only 15-20% of the time is the rancher being paid this amount and when paid it's about 8% of the animals actual real value.

It SICKIN's me to know that within just a few years if these rats aren't taken care of, none of us will have any elk/deer to hunt. Yes I agree that its been on a steady decline for many years here in OR but the gov't has just sent us over the edge with these varmits.

There is a rancher (friend) in Joseph who is paying for a documentary about the wolves and the impact they are having on all deer/elk and cattle. They have filmed over 800hrs and it truly amazes me to see what these wolves are capable of. It will soon will be airing on local cable stations when its complete. As a hunter we all need stand against this "government funded terrorism" they have so gladly given us without our vote......

muleyman

Brdhuntr, I was including the license also which is $154.75 and the $31.50 is $185.25. I happen to have a lifetime license for Idaho in my pocket so it is $31.50, along with the $200.00 gas and munchies I will spend shooting "at" the dogs. Might even be $250 by the time I get done counting all of the ammo it will take to bring one down.

muleyman, I never heard if your daughter drew a cow tag this year. My son did not draw but we picked up one of the first time ones and will be hot after it soon. dz

I have to share this with all of you... I was just giving some guy an estimate on some work when he mentions that he has some property out of Sandpoint. He goes on to say how they have 'everything' up there, deer elk, moose, but he hasn't had the OPPORTUNITY to hear a wolf yet. He goes on to tell me how offbase all of these guys are who are against the wolves and they need to wake up and realize that ECOTOURISM is the big thing now and they should be encouraging they introduction of the wolf because it will bring tourist dollars (of course, not to you and I).

I was torn between telling this guy that I couldn't work for an idiot like him, but as he talked, I just kept raising the price in my head, figuring that I would use the extra money to buy more wolf tags!

THIS IS THE MINDSET THAT WE ARE UP AGAINST!

over on I-fish they completely deleted the "wolf" formum. Too many "touchy" obscene, bashing comments have been made, by "hunters"?!?! Does the tree huggin, dirt worshipers frequent these sites? I would guess so.

DZ ~ no she didn't end up drawing the tag. Next year we will try again! Best of luck to you and your son!

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom