What's The Matter With People?

Trophy_Taker

Two years in a row now I have had rifle shots screaming just above my head on the Utah general season rifle hunt. After the first shot I whistle and yell to let these idiots know they are shooting just above my head and they still let another 5 shots fly as I am laying flat on the ground just hoping to not get hit. To top it off they were shooting at a broken horned two point from about 800 yards.

They're STUPID.

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

...and people wonder why we are called Utards?

I had the same thing 2 years ago. I was on my horse while some guys shot over us from the opposite ridge. They don't care as long as they kill their forky.

That happened to two of our guys in Utah back in 2000 when we were hunting down out of Salina, what a bunch of idiots. Never again..............bessy can have the place.

Brian

In 2004 I was hunting elk on the fishlake on the spike only hunt and was watching a big six point that had fed to about 30 yards of me and some d*ck started shooting at him from the road. I got up to get out of the way and he threw his rifle in the truck and took off. That elk too was about 800 yards away.

zigga;

You forgot to add that they do not have a prayer of hitting because also they do not practice, and half of them do not have their rifles sighted in correctly.
They are slobs, and will not change, welcome to the hunting world. With the population increase, there are more of them out there. I usually avoid opening weekend because of the slobs.

RELH

What has happened is, the courts and lawyers have taken away our rights as logical thinking people to whoop the crap out of retards who desperately need to be taught a lesson they'll NEVER forget!

Wow, Cookie, very well reasoned opinion there.

Most guys that hunted the Utah rifle hunt in the late 70's and 80's will have at last 1 story of whistling lead. We were always told to stay below the ridge line for 2 reasons. First,it breaks up your outline. Second, and more importantly, it keeps some idiot from shooting you (at least from the back).

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-07 AT 11:17PM (MST)[p]I find it somewhat humorous, in a sickening sort of way, that there are so many of these type of stories on this site.

I live in California.....you know, the state everyone picks on....., but in 45 years of hunting deer here, I have never had one of these incidents. I don't know anyone in my family who has.

Now, we don't want to go into the chukar, quail and duck seasons cuz' that is an entirely different rodeo altogether!

You can't believe the collection of retarded morons I meet in our sporting goods store, but fortunately, I've missed them in the field.

In actual fact, during the regular seasons, I seldom see other hunters within a mile of me. Some of the special hunts get pretty crowded, but who can draw/buy those tags?

It's a funny world ain't it? You could take your kids to Disneyland and the simple act of driving there could get you shot on the freekin' highway......or worse. But then again, you could go hunting in Utah and get shot while out in the boonies...

People let their egos overcome their common sense. They know if they bag a deer, they can go back to camp and be in the "bragging circle". Safety for other hunters never crosses their mind once they see those magical antlers. I've seen people who are completely oblivious to their surroundings when they see a buck of any size. Their adreniline starts pumping and their brain quits working!!!!

This happened to me when I was 15 yrs old in California. Scared the living bejesus out of me at the time. Now I'd shoot back if I still rifle hunted, but I don't preferring archery instead.

It is interesting that I just read a post on a duck hunting website about guys being shot while lying in their goose decoys, by road hunters looking to poach geese in fields with center-fire rifles. Yes, this sport has changed and I while I never understood the reasoning behind the guys who say they don't hunt anymore because it isn't what it used to be, I am beginning to understand it more every day.

These stories make me sick. Shooting around and over people is inexcusable but the root cause is a tougher issue. The cause of these incidents is crowding. It seems to me more and more that people are paying less and less attention to the presence of other hunters in a particular area. It is starting to feel more like dove hunting.

I have always sought out remote areas to hunt but it seems I can't get remote enough anymore. If I go into an area and I see trucks or ATVS I will move on and give them their space, plenty of it. In my mind, they got there before I did so it is their area. Over the past several seasons and this weekend was no exception, I have had people ride up and park 20 or 30 yards away from me and start hunting. I have had them wave and walk right through the area that I am glassing. It is a real pisser when you have worked hard to make your hunt successful only to have it spoiled by other less conscientious hunters.

There are any number of things that cause crowding but it still comes down to the individual hunter and basic respect, courtesy and safety. Crowding is going to cause confrontation and confrontation between armed hunters is going to ruin this sport.

Crowding is no excuse for making stupid and desperate shots. People lose their minds during hunting season. Maybe it's the fresh air.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE IS NOONDAY ON THE OPENER THEY SIT IN CAMP AND SHOOT THEIR RIFLES FOR ABOUT 45 MINUNTES. ALL TYPES OF GUNS. NOW I UNDERSTAND IF YOU SCOPE GETS NOCKED AROUND AND YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS ON. BUT FOR HELL SAKES GO SOMEWERE WERE YOUR NOT 100 YARDS FROM PEOPLE, AND DO IT WERE PEOPLE ARE NOT HUNTING. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? WAS JUST VENTING AND WONDERING TOO! THANKS

BUGLEMN

Fresh air. LOL. Its clouding their thoughts. What is the first flipping thing you learn in Hunters Safety? Something about your target and beyond?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom