What's this world coming to?

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
I don't know which is saddest. The fact that someone stole the nun-bun, the fact someone noticed the likeness to Mother Teresa, the fact that the "whole community" cared about the nun-bun, the fact that it was "on display" for NINE YEARS, the fact that it made news or the fact that I took the time out of my life to read it and post it here. :)

"Mother Teresa is said to have laughed when she learned of the bun shortly before her death... "
She should not have scoffed.

"...no word on whether police have any suspects in the case."
Now that's funny.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/5674565/detail.html

Thief Steals Mother Teresa 'Nun Bun'
Coffee Shop Kept Bun On Display

POSTED: 6:52 am PST December 27, 2005
UPDATED: 7:02 am PST December 27, 2005

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A cinnamon bun that some say bears a resemblance to the late Mother Teresa was stolen on Christmas Day from a Tennessee coffee shop.

The so-called "Nun Bun" had been on display at Bongo Java since being discovered nine years ago.

Store manager Ryan Finney said he wished the thieves had left the famous bun in its case.

"I wish they would have just thrown eggs at the store or something like that instead of taking something from the whole community," Finney said.

Mother Teresa is said to have laughed when she learned of the bun shortly before her death in 1997.

There was no word on whether police have any suspects in the case.

That is pathetic...if you are gonna steal, and risk getting caught, go big or stay home. A cinnamon bun???? Give me a break.
Watch...it will surface on e-bay and it will be the store manager. Sounds like a inside job. I can't believe I am even thinking about this......

Looks more like mother Teresa's cooter pie than the mother herself.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom