What's your favorite ice cream

Shummy

Very Active Member
I work for a major ice cream company and everyday I see thousands of gallons of ice cream, personaly I don't care if I never eat another bite of ice cream, but I am curious to hear what everyones favorite flavor is. I guess if I had to choose I would probably go with Super Chunky Cookie Dough or perhaps Praline Pecan.

Here's a weird one that I can't bring myself to try, Peanut Butter and Jelly. Anyone tried it? You'd have to tie me down and shove it down my throat with a stick.

Cherry Jubilee or Basball Nut at Baskin-Robbins. Then if it wasn't so rich, MY HOME MADE PEACH ICE CREAM WITH THE PEACHES FROM MY TREE. I can make 6 quarts at one time with the electric ice cream maker I have.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-08 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]Burnt Almond Fudge and Rocky Road

When we make peach ice cream you can smell peaches clear out to the street! Same with any variety of mint chip. Most places, such as Baskin Robbins, or Schwans don't actually make their own ice cream, they contract out with someone like us to make it for them, or provide them with the mix. We make a couple hundred pallets of ice cream daily and each pallet will have anywhere from 300 to 840 containers of ice cream on the depending on the size of the container, and that is just in our plant alone. With an unstable economy it seems that people are still eating comfort foods such as ice cream, but avoiding the big ticket items.

Mint chocolate chip:)

If you like peanut butter and peanut butter cups try some Guilty Conscious it is loaded with the stuff. I will refrain from naming who makes it, but if you really want to know send me a PM.

You guys are killing me! Sounds sooo good but i haven't had any ice cream, cookies, cake, lil deb's...anything of the sort, not one bite, since before Thanksgiving. I really am making an effort to lose weight, not only for myself, but to be better prepared for Mr Buck, come hunting season. For me it "was" butter pecan.

Sage, I've heard of a flavor that sounds like it might just be the thing for you. It's called Diet Another Day!!

For me, it's a big scoop of jamocoa almond fudge on one side, chocolate mint on the other. :)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I had a Cashew/White Chocolate laced vanilla once. It was incredible. I never knew who made it, but if you guys do let me know. Besides that Burnt Almond or French Vanilla do nicely.

When I do eat ice cream I like to get it right off the production line as soon as it is put into the container. At that point it is the consistency of soft serve and you can easily dig through it and pick out all the good stuff. There are guys here at work that eat gallons of ice cream every day. There is a guy here that really loves premium double strawberry, but we also make a no sugar added double strawberry that contains a sugar substitute, and, like all sugar substitutes, if you eat to much you get the trots. So we filled a premium comtainer with no sugar added ice cream and gave it to him as a joke thinking that he would notice the flavor difference, but he didn't and he ate the whole package in one sitting. I'm told it wasn't a fun experience for him.

How fat is that guy Shummy? Gallons a day? I bet his heart is screaming for help.

To answer your question; Blue Bunny or Tree Huggin' Ben and Jerry's. Bunny Tracks or Chunky Monkey.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-08 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-08 AT 02:32?PM (MST)

Blue Bunny is who I work for. The dude who eats all the ice cream is pretty big, he sweats sugar. He is one of the unlucky one's who's job it is to stack the ice cream after it comes out of the blast freezer. It's a very fast paced and physical job that most people can't do. The turnover rate is very high during the busy seasson, they have to work in a -20 degree environment. The physical labor probably helps burn off the calories.
My Job is to operate the blast freezer which has automated controls, a large PLC, a bunch of VFD's and an intricate conveyor system. The blast freezer is -40 with a 60 MPH wind, so the wind chill factor is very cold. My office/control room is climate controled, but I do sometimes have to enter the enclosure to maintain the machine. It's unpleasant to work with tools or weld at -40.

Pistachio or Bubble Gum or Pralines n' Cream. I also like Raspberry sherbert. I don't like anything with almonds or peanuts though. That just ruins ice cream.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-08 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]Are you a man hater tk?

Sounds like you don't like anything with nuts?;-)

C'mon now! Nuts and fruit with chocalate chunks makes ice cream. The best part about ice cream is mashing it up with Nestle Malt.

Shummy, I wish we were neighbors. I'd have you bring home the rejects and I would be a fatso.:)

Edit; Shummy I have tried all kinds of ice cream and aside from over-priced Ben and Jerry's, Blue Bunny is by far the best I have had. It is pretty rich and heavy.

There was an ice cream shop here in town that sold their own home made ice cream. It was the Star Hotel of ice cream shops. They made a Bing Cherry ice cream, in season, to die for!

I made a point meeting the owner. When they had the cherries available, he would make me 5 gallon containers of the stuff! At the time I had a very physical job and could eat all I wanted and not gain weight. He sold out and the place really went down hill.

I don't eat much ice cream anymore.

There used to be a flavor called, Burnt Almond Chip. That was my favorite. Since it disappeared....CHOCOLATE CHIP!!

NEW YORK SUPER FUDGE CHUNK! Anything more then a half gallon would put you in a coma.
Wes

Coconut Pineapple or Butter Pecan. Preferably Hagen Dasz (sp?)

After that, Peach, Strawberry or coffee.

Blue Bunny? They don't sell that out here in Californika.

that dulce delec carmel stuff is going elk hunting with me this year. I used to eat a Mocha type but they stopped making it.

Whatever is in my bowl...

Seriously do they make a bad ice cream?

Wes, I agree that super fudge chunk is hard to beat.

Homemade pistachio is good too..

horsepoop.gif

Back in the day it was "Butter Brickle" Can't seem to find it out here now.
Ice Cream Junky got to help those Dairy Farmers.

Blue Bunny is good stuff. Cookie dough for me.
BTW, Blue Bunny yogurt was the best but our Walmart quit carrying it and I can't find it anymore.x(

You guys who have not heard of or tied Blue Bunny, get you local Wal-Mart to carry it. Very good with a reasonable price.

I have never understood Mint, PB&J, Pumkin Pie, Bubble Gum, etc. ice cream? Some stuff just is not meant to be ice cream!

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Either works for me - I love both.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-08 AT 02:48AM (MST)[p]My favorite is just regular old fashion vanilla that I make in our electric one gallon ice cream freezer. We have had that frezer since our kids were little. They all have kids of their own now so I guess that thing is at least twenty years old. My recipe has ben in the family for close to eighty years. Nothing beats a big bowl of that vanilla ice cream on a hot summer evening!!

Maple nut. Does anybody make maple nut with real maple syrup. Me like real maple syrup.

Anything made by Blue Bell. Just started getting it here in NM. Used to have to import it in dry ice from TX.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-08 AT 12:15PM (MST)[p]Phish Food & Tillamook strawberry! I havent tried Blue Bunny but we will. My Wife's Uncle owns 6 or 7 Dairy Queens so we get some pretty wicked Blizzard concoctions.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom