What's your hunting music?

NVdrhntr

Not to get all sentimental and sappy, but I remember as a small kid going hunting with my dad and grandpa there was certain music they always listened to. To this day, when I hear that music it reminds me of the good old days.
Now, my kids are the same way. When we go hunting, there's certain songs and music we always bring along. Kinda like
the smell of mountain mahoghany and aspen and sage still bring back memories too.
So, any of you have your certain tunes when you get in the truck to go hunting?

Geez, this is sappy.

My younger years (up to 17)

Neil Diamond
John Denver
Willlie Nelson
Mamas and the Papas
Buddy Holly
Beach boys
Eagles

Later years (last 17)

All of the above and
Garth Brooks
Clint Black
George Strait
Chris Ledoux
Kenny Chesney
Tim McGraw
Toby Keith

I have a CD I burned with a bunch of old country that we listen to around the campfire every night on the hunts I go on with my family. It's all music that was playing when my dad would take me hunting as a kid. Willy & Walyon, Keith Whitley, Eddie Rabbit, John Conlee, Ronnie Milsap, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Charlie Daniels Band and ect. Good stuff!

Eminem!
Metallica!
Uncle Ted!
and some country from any guy with George in his name..
and full moon midnight coyote's....along with a cooing furry redhead!
rm

Now that I have Sirius Sat radio, It is Octane 20 the best Radio channel ever made. :)

A Peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than that of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.- Aldo Leopold.

Back in the day while hunting the reservation in Florida,we would pull just off of the 2 track we thought the deer would cross and listen to ac/dc "back in black" while sitting on the hood of the car waiting......now that i think about it we may not have seen any deer cause we had the volume turned up too high.

these days the music is made by the critters of the woods as i aint packing in batteries, player, and i dont have no stinking i pod, or anything related, i prefer the noises of the high alpine forrest.

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

My Dad and I listen to a lot of "Cowboy music" on our hunting trips...Waddy Mitchell, Sons of the Pioneer, Michael Martin, Murphy. I don't particularly listen to that stuff regularly but it holds a special place in my memories with my Dad. We also listen to some Charlie Daniels Band, Doug Supernaw, Clay Walker, Gary Allan, Mark Chesnutt, LeRoy Parnell, Randy Travis. We've got a 16 hour drive so we listen to a lot of artists!

Steve

There's an older country singer whos name is Ray but I can't remember the last name. He sings a song called "Scars", "Cog in the Wheel", "Ruins". We listen to that as well. We've got several songs that is a must when we go to Wyoming. Anyone know his last name?

WELL I DON'T ROAD HUNT MUCH SO ITS JUST "TO" & "FROM" PISSCUTTER HEAVEN I CRANK THE COUNTRY!!!

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT RE-WROTE THE SONG (BECAUSE HE SAID IT REMINDS HIM OF ME!!!) "YOU JUST CAN'T SEE HIM FROM THE ROAD" SONG BY CHRIS LeDOUX,SO I LISTEN TO CHRIS'S VERSION ALOT!!!

CALL OF THE WILD BY CHRIS LeDOUX!!!

DON'T BLINK BY KENNEY CHESNEY!!!

JUST ABOUT ANY GOOD COUNTRY!!!

SOME OF THE OLDER SOFT ROCK I CAN TOLLERATE!!!

YOU CAN KEEP THAT HARD ROCK BULL$HIT NOYZ,IT AIN'T FOR THE MOUNTAIN!!!

I LIKE MAKING MUSIC WITH BIG STINKY'S!!!

MUSIC YOU CAN ONLY HEAR IF YOU'RE WITHIN 8 YARDS OF A BIG STRUTTING TOM!!!

MY 12 GUAGE GOING OFF AT 8 YARDS JUST AS THE COYOTE SINKS HIS CANINES INTO MY DECOY AIN'T BAD MUSIC EITHER!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON May-04-08 AT 07:36AM (MST)[p]"MY 12 GUAGE GOING OFF AT 8 YARDS JUST AS THE COYOTE SINKS HIS CANINES INTO MY DECOY AIN'T BAD MUSIC EITHER!!!"

Bobcat, now you're playing my song LOL!

I used to hunt a lot with my cousin who was deeply in love with Patsy Cline. Every night I had to listen to her. It kinda grew on me, so everytime I hear a Patsy Cline song it brings back some good memories.

Deit: A flock of Aleutian gees flying over gets my attention every time!

Eel

Anything country Alan,George and Trace are my favorites. I can listen to 60's if that's what buddies like.

Chrix LeDoux, "The Capitol Collection". Its all you need. Of course I spend very little time anywhere near a radio when I have a rifle in my hands ;-)

Metallica!
Great to wake you up and get you going before the sun even thinks of coming up.

Is there really any question???

Chris LeDoux.....

p.s. every now and than AC/DC thuderstruck, live version only!!!

>Is there really any question???
>
>
> Chris LeDoux.....
>
>
>p.s. every now and than AC/DC
>thuderstruck, live version only!!!

I got to hear some Warren Zevon at some point, Sent Money ,guns and lawyers. The man had a way with getting his point accrossed

I cant make the 7 hour drive to my hunting grounds without my compilation discs that include:
Iron Maiden
The Allman Brothers Band
Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Blue Oyster Cult
Ozzy/Sabbath
Dio
Merle Haggard
Waylon Jennings
Glen Campbell
Judas Priest
And a mix of funk including Rick James, The Gap Band, The Dazz Band and Earth Wind and Fire.

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Have to agree with BeanMan, silence and just talking. Once in awhile we'd listen to some deer hunting songs from the Upers like "second week of deer camp" or the tirtypointer.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Ok...first, its Ray Kennedy who sings "Scars".

Secondly, it cracks me up to see such a variety of music here. You see thrash/metal listeners that just a few bands down the list mentions Merle Haggard and Glen Campbell. I think that is great. No one says you've got to listen to only one style of music! Great answers so far.

Steve

BOBCAT- I think listening to music anytime when doing something regarding hunting....not necessarily road hunting.

If were hunting deer then its Alice In Chains Greatest Hits. The deer love Alice In Chains. If were chasing speed goats then its gotta be Big and Rich, only the first CD.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting HOLY SH!T WHAT A RIDE!!!

All LeDoux all the time

Call of the wild

Ol slew foot "for bear season"

and cant forget COPENHAGEN

I miss chris

I guess I never said what it was/is we listen to.
In my childhood it was Marty Robbins, Pasty Cline, Hank Snow
(who's Hank Snow?) lol

Today its Tim McGraw cd's 2 through about 5
Kenny chesney and George Strait and a spattering of other country.
I don't know, just for me, when your in the country, country seems right.

When i first head out it's traditional, Waylon and Willie, On the Road Again. Duing the drive i'll play Hank Jr, and Haggert, mixed in with Dixie Chicks, Heart, Credence, Tower of Power, Bob Dylan, Jim Crocie, Santana, Reba, and my new favorite sweetheart, Carrie Underwood.

Once in camp, i prefer no music at all, just the sound of the woods, maybe try an catch a weather report, and a really good book to read 50-100 pages or so of before lights out.

joey

Chris Ledeux 20 greatest CD, AC/DC back in black, almost all 80's rock, and can't forget Garth, and George.

Hunting just ain't hunting without a healthy dose of Garth Brooks. Especially some rodeo to get the blood going before chasing animals.....

Chris LeDoux "Call Of The Wild"

The elk bugle and the rain at the start of the song just did something for me.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

PAY ATTENTION SlamPUNK!!!

UP ON POST 10 DID I NOT MENTION THAT SONG,LOL!!!

Chris LeDoux? I heard the name before. Was he a bull rider that passed on some years ago? Seems i remember Garth Brooks giving him credit for inspiration or something on a Garth special. Same guy?

Never did pay much attention to him but i'm gonna make a point of hearing more of his work. As many of you that like him, he must be pretty darn good.

By the way, Garth Brooks!, he might not make a good President but he'd get a lot of votes. The man gets into a song like nobody else!

I don't know? I guess it started out with Marty Robbins "Gun Fighter Ballads" But now it's mostly HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!

RUS

Hannah Montana? Holy Sh!t....he's got 3rd or 4th grade girls!!! I've got a third and a 5th grader and they love Hannah Montana!!

Steve

Take it easy WIZ...... I don't watch the Disney Channel .... it's just a joke for crying out loud ... except for the Marty Robbins part.

RUS

It's amazing how nuts kids go over anything on the Disney Channel. They've got a gold mine there! Look at what High School Musical did. If they put a kids hunting show on Disney, every kid would want to hunt. It's just not politically correct for Disney though. But...we don't want this to turn into a political thread, do we?

Steve

Dwalton and Bessy...

You two are welcome in my camp anytime. Many of my friends think I'm strange but my dad loves the old country tunes so when we are hunting or fishing that's what we listen to. In camp it's always:

Johnny Horton
Frankie Laine
Marty Robbins
Merle Haggard
The Highwaymen
Don Williams
Johnny Cash

and of course all of Chris Ledoux and the Saddle Boogie Band. I love the Tribute to Utah song he did. That always gets played once or twice :).

All of the good country music from back in the day. Artist like Eddie Rabbit, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Conway Twitty....the list goes on and on. I guess thats kinda weird for someone my age (23) to listen to the old county music, but I love it.

I'm With Dwalton on this one reminds me of hunting with my dad. He's long gone now but when I play the music he liked I can feel his presents and it makes me feel sad and great at the same time. If that makes any sence.

Chris LeDoux? I heard the name before. Was he a bull rider that passed on some years ago? Seems i remember Garth Brooks giving him credit for inspiration or something on a Garth special. Same guy?

He actually has a duet with Garth called "Watcha gonna do with a Cowboy" You will absolutely love it if you are a Garth Brooks fan. Prepare to be buying up all the LeDoux CD's you can find after you get started!!

257Tony, Thanks for the tip! How LeDoux flew under the/my radar is beyond me. I been a Country Boy and a Country Music fan all my life. Other kinds, except screaming punk rock, can be appreciated and often even craved but Hank Jr, Willie, Waylon, Hag, Charlie D, and George Jones, sung it best, the way i like it.

joey

Who's hanna? lol!j/k

RUS- We got nuked! What is up with that? Did you see anything wrong with that? Can a moderator pm me so that I know why that particular conversation got nuked? That way I won't say anything of that sort again. Thanks!

Steve

Many times in the pitch black night (usually around 3:30 a.m.)right before we head up the mountain on a tough, day long trek for bighorn sheep (guiding), Fred Bear by Ted Nugent gets us pumped and in the right "spirit" for the day...awesome hunting song and brings it back for me every time!

When I was a kid it was Peter, Paul, and Mary, Glen Campbell, John Denver, Jim Reeves and Marty Robbins awesome cowboy songs.

sageadvice, I thought you were kidding about the Chris Ledoux thing! I'll give another vote for Chris. In fact, he is my all time fave...period! In fact, last week I bought "Western Skys" for my ring tone. All I know, is I can't wait for the hunts to start! Less than 3 1/2 months!

^^ naw, wern't kidding. 1976 i was away from home playing football and catching girls in college. Those days were about the only time country music wasn't always on my radio. John Travolta and Sat Night Fever was popular, the Disco phase was alive and well, and that's where the girls were in Tucson Az... Other than that maybe he wasn't that popular in Northern Calif. and didn't get played that much. again tough to figure. "Do the Hustle"

I'm a western music fan.

Ian Tyson, Brenn Hill, Chris Ledoux, Chris Mourtinsen (freind and neighbor), Wayne Carlton, Don Edwards, Curly Musgrave, Belinda Gill, RJ Hampton, Don Williams.

At camp it is my guitar and harmonica if my partners will let me.

>Back in the day while hunting
>the reservation in Florida,we would
>pull just off of the
>2 track we thought the
>deer would cross and listen
>to ac/dc "back in black"
>while sitting on the hood
>of the car waiting......now that
>i think about it we
>may not have seen any
>deer cause we had the
>volume turned up too high.
>
>
I think they may have been repelled by that weird burning weed smell too, Tag. lol

Heck, I wasn't even born until December of 1977! The interesting thing is Chris Ledoux really didn't get "popular" until Garth Brooks included him in one of his songs..."The competition's getting younger. Tougher broncs, you know I can't recall. The worn out tape of Chris LeDoux, lonely women and bad booze seem to be the only friends I've left at all." [Much to Young (to be This Damn Old)] Anyway, check out some of his music sometime. His old stuff is great and I love his new stuff as well.

http://www.google.com/musica?aid=Fd-ibHaP5GL&sa=X&oi=music&ct=result

Chris LeDoux had put out something like 10 cassettes during his bull riding days. I've got one of them and it is a good tape. I can't play it on much because it is a cassette. I saw him 3 or 4 times in concert and he was one of the best. He was taken way too early in his life. His music will last a lifetimes. One of my favorites is "Stampede".

Steve

I'm sure if you go to half.com, you can find all of them.

The Nuge!

Yoopers.

Bananas At Large.

And of course...Kid Rock!!!

GrizlyHunter

Rascal Flatts , Man in Black,Chris Ledoux, and cant go hunting with out hearing " we can skin a buck or run a trot line and a country boy can survive!"

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

>Rascal Flatts , Man in Black,Chris
>Ledoux, and cant go hunting
>with out hearing " we
>can skin a buck or
>run a trot line and
>a country boy can survive!"
>
>
>
>
nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

You dont seriously ruin a good hunting trip with the Faggell Ratts do ya?

horsepoop.gif

+ 10 on the Chris Ledoux! and + 1 that Rascall Flats is pretty weak whether you're hunting or not!

Metallica does it for me. And Ozzy and Zepplin are a close second. For some reason the Black album by Metallica brings back some great hunting memories. It certainly is not my fav.

While hunting I listen to straight Texas Country-Cross Canadian Ragweed, Reckless Kelly, Stoney LaRue, Jason Boland. Suprised no one from the Texas or Oklahoma area hasn't mentioned them.

At hunting camp I use to break out my Buck Owens red white and blue guitar and jam everything from Ted Nugent, Johnny Cash to Pantera. The guys really dug when I went into Wang Dang, Sweet Poontang by the fire.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

I would have to say Gabe Miller even though mossback uses it i just cant ever git it out of my head after hearing it. Just wanna go out to the hills right when it ends too.

LOL polarbear!!!

HOW THE HELL YA BEEN???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

How about this list?

1. Enya
2. Creed
3. Nickelback
4. Celine Dion
5. Kenny G. and/or Yanni

I heard that the military uses a playlist composed of these artists to drive insurgents out of their caves in Afghanistan. If you listen to this music, you will definitely be in the mood to kill something.

Yeah, I could see that line-up driving out insurgents!

This could easily turn into a Chris Ledoux post.
Sageadvice if you like all that country music I could see Ledoux being a favorite really fast, the dude's music is awesome.
Here are a few of my favorites:

Song of Wyoming
The Yellow Stud
Photo Finish
Hooked on a 8 Second Ride
I'm Country
Old Red
Re-Ride
Stampede
Tougher Than the Rest
This Cowboy's Hat
Western Skies
Black Tornado
and now Call of the Wild to name a few (how did I miss it?).
Thanks to Limewire I have it now!

It is a shame he passed on, I sure have been kicking myself for years not seeing him in concert. Living in Fort Collins, Colorado for 7 years gave me the chance to see him in Cheyenne (45 minutes away) or at the Grizzly Rose in the north end of Denver (1 hour) but I procrastinated.

Anybody like Chicago, singing "25 or 6 to 4"?
That is the only Chicago song I like. LoL.
All that other music mentioned above is on my I-pod or I listen to on Sirius while at work.

Jeff

When im hunting its always some kind of country. Hank williams gerge strait the list is endless!! Just puts me in the mood to hunt!

Jeff, thanks for the advice. i'm afraid that i don't really have a way to listen to his stuff at the moment. My hunting rig has a overhead Kenwood CD setup but the player is not getting power for some as yet undisclosed reason. My work truck, althought fine in it's own right, has a old cassett player just hungry enough to eat every tape that's put in the darn thing. And, though i've had nice home setups in the past, my present cabin just doesn't have anything in the way of hearing this new to me music. Even the speaker sound on my puter is long gone.

I'll take you guys word for it though. Gives me something to look forwad to for this hunting season. That overhead setup in the hunting rig shouldn't be to hard to fix and those 4 headliner speakers play, first trouble i've had, music about as clear and loud as a guy could ever want. A joy to hit the road, some good tunes to help eat up the miles, and another big buck hunt all planned, money in pocket, with absolutely nobody to keep me from having a great time, going, or telling me when i gotta be back home.

On the Road Again...Just can't wait to get on The Road Again!

Thanks! joey

I dont know what I would do if my truck, work truck, home and computer couldnt play music, ahhh, I would go nuts!

Limewire isnt a bad way to get "free" music and look up lots of songs. Anyway, whenever you get around to it you'll enjoy Chris Ledoux.

Jeff

When I was younger, it was all sorts of heavy stuff...now a days I live Bluegrass (and some occasional older country music).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom