what's your preference straight or angled spotting scope?

H

huntin100

I'm looking to buy a spotting scope in the next two weeks. I was watching afew mossback videos this weekend and most of the guides had the angled scopes. I was told if you use window mounts ie. antelope hunting you want straight. I would like some feedback what your preference is and why? Thanks

personally i like the straight piece. seems like a more natural position to me. some people say that it is easier to use a angled piece and lay down but i do not see how that is easy????
i like the straight alot.
Casey

I think the angles gives more versatility, you can lay it across a backpack, it's easier to use on a window and if your a guide its a helluva lot easier to show other people animals without moving the scope.

As far as using it to find animals I think using a straight is easier, but then again some practice with an angled and you will be very profecient.

Like with any optics do whatever makes you happy, its your money$

I use the straight one on my swarovski because I like to aim the scope where I'm looking. However, I have never used the angled eye piece so my opinion is one sided...Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom